CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gavin Turns 9!!!!

July 27, 2010 (Yes, I am over a month late posting.)
The birthday boy straddling that invisible state line between Nevada and Arizona.
Gavin's birthday morning started off with donuts eaten in the car. The plan was to go on the Hoover Dam tour on our way home. Then we found out it would be $150.00 for all of us to go on the tour and decided to pass. I can remember going on the tour as a kid and it was interesting but I was not expecting to pay $30.00 a person! I was surprised by all the international tourists that were there anxious to go on the tour. Chris had been talking about getting him a "This is my Dam t-shirt" but they did not have any. He and Gavin had been chortling and making dam jokes for weeks so this was a big disappointment for them.


Whitney wanted a picture with the statue because in a Percy Jackson book they come to life and give Percy a ride.


The whole fam-dam minus me!

Poor Ashlyn! Doesn't she look pathetic? While we were walking around the dam she was very whiny. At first, I thought it was just her usual birthday envy. But then I started to think she was not feeling so hot. As we were driving across the dam she threw up all of her chocolate milk. Not fun in the 110 degree baking heat. We had to do our best to clean her up with bottled water. The Hoover Dam trip was a bit of a bust.

At least he got two cakes out of his traveling birthday.



Present time!


I found Gavin this Touch-N-Brush (AS SEEN ON TV!) on the clearance aisle at Toyrsus. Chris thought it was the stupidest thing ever but I knew he would love it! Chris had to eat his words and say the best words in the English language "you were right". My kids are total suckers for those infomercials on TV. Pair that with Gavin's obsessive dental hygiene and his hatred for a messy toothpaste tube and this baby is worth its weight in gold.


Chris had to make a lot of calls to find Rock Band 2. They are coming out with a new system this fall so everyone was sold out of this one.

Gavin rocking out on the guitar. Look at those rock star moves!