CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tinkerbell, 2 Vampires & A Duckling

Ready to rock n roll!
Left to right: Whitney's, Gavin's, Ashlyn's is the grey one and the bat one is also Gavin's from school.

Halloween morning Chris took Gavin and Whitney to do Fort Rucker's 1 mile Spooky Fun Run. This is them showing off their medals.

We started off our Halloween fun Friday night at our ward's Trunk or Treat/Chili Cook-off. Chris's chili took 1st place to his complete delight! Here he is holding his empty crock pot and cool prize.
Ashlyn's was so excited on Halloween night that she was actually running from house to house. Something she rarely does! It didn't last long though...

This is her after she ran into her first truly scary costume. I hate those adults who wear the really scary costumes and try to freak out the kids! What is wrong with those people?!?! You scared a 4 year old! How hard is that?!?

Trick or Treating
Ashlyn wanted to go home pretty early on so we went home and passed out candy. Which she loved even more than trick or treating!!!! She had her own set of rules though. Scary costumes didn't any candy from her. Girls in pretty costumes got handfuls of candy. When we ran out of candy she was so sad. She wanted to give out all of her candy! I was trying to explain to her that if she gave all hers away then she wouldn't have any candy. She said, "Mom, its called Teamwork! You hold the bowl and I'll give the kids candy! See Teamwork!" We did give away some of her candy but not much before she decided she was done.

Check out that pile of candy!!! Everything is a competition to Chris including trick or treating! This is what two hours with Chris can get a kid on Halloween night! Some of his tips for netting the most candy on post are to concentrate on small side streets and to empty your treat bag frequently into the pillowcase Dad is carrying. This makes it look like you don't have much candy and people will feel sorry for your child. You must also keep up a fast pace bordering on jogging. No leisurely strolling allowed.

Here is Landon looking very sleepy on Halloween night! I still need to take photos of him, so stay posted for what are sure to be some adorable ducky shots. =D

Gavin totally got into character and was giving me some fierce poses!!!! It was so cute! He was really pleased with his costume and kept asking me how his make up was holding up all night long. He and Whitney wore their fangs all night long giving them the appearance of serious overbites. I thought they'd wear them for a few minutes at most.

He insisted that he needed "one of those necklaces vampires wear".

I vant to drink your blood!
My pretty girl looks so grown up!

One of my favorite moments of the night came when we ran into one of Whitney's friends. This little girl lives with her Dad and twin brother and has some rough edges. =) Right away she informed us that her Dad was letting her go trick or treating by herself for the first time. After awhile she asked me if she and Whitney could go off on their own. I said no, that Whitney had to stay with her family. Not long after this she started loudly telling Whitney how glad she was that her Dad was finally letting her "enjoy the privileges of being 10 years old" and letting her go by herself. I'm pretty sure this was mostly for my enlightenment. =) While she was saying this I was wondering if Whitney was thinking how lame her Mother was. But Whitney said, "I like going with my family. I think I would be lonely if I was all by myself." My heart literally leaped with joy and love!!! Because she meant every word of it and wasn't afraid to say so.

Aladdin kept attacking Whitney's dress so we decided to take a picture with him. He is getting big and is one very feisty kitty! His face, paws, and tail are all turning a dark gray. Every vampire needs a faithful cat, right?

Ashlyn's favorite movie right now is Peter Pan or as she calls it Peter Man. She really wanted to be Tinkerbell and she really wanted Gavin to be Peter Pan! Gavin refused to be Peter Pan. He said he would NOT be wearing tights, that it was a baby costume. I tried to persuade him but he wasn't having it. Ashlyn alternated between being mad at him and living in the delusion that he was going to be Peter Pan.

This little girl was over the moon when she got all dolled up in her Tinkerbell costume! I don't think I will ever forget how excited and thrilled she was with herself. Though she was a tad disappointed that she couldn't fly. I love that she thought she would be able to once she got her costume on! Some of my most favorite pictures of my kids are of them in their Halloween costumes.


9 comments:

Susieq

I couldn't wait to see your kids in costume. They are always so adorable. Gavin looked very real and scary. Whitney is growing up way too fast and is such a beautiful young woman. Ashlyn is prettier than the real Tinkerbell. And Landon is adorable. Congrats to Chris over his prize. I can't wait to come visit and taste his chili. The pictures were fantastic. Now where is the one of the tired Mom?

Carissa

cute! I've never noticed how much Gavin and Whitney look alike! Poor Ashyln. I hate those really scary costumes too.

The Cook Clan

Your kids look great!! I love Landon's little duck costume...absolutely adorable!! You got some great pictures! I think my favorite is the one of Gavin with his arms out to the side. He looks so real!!

This Idaho Girl

They are pretty darn cute! I'm glad you've been enlightened by a 10-year-old.

labelle31

What beautiful little ghouls! I can see they all love their costumes! Gavin is really into his role as Count Dracula! Awesome pics of him! Ashlyn looks adorable as Tink! Love the one where she has the litte shoes on! She's becoming quite the little pro at modeling! Landon looks so sweet and chubby cheeked! Awww! Whitney and Gavin looks so much alike in their costumes! But I can't quite figure out what the big guy is dressed as! LOL! I'm sure I'll never hear the end of him winning the chili cook off! Looks like everyone had a super good time! But where's the shot of you in your costume?

Shannon

Adorable! I love that your whole family gets into Halloween...it's my second favorite Holiday. Gavin really got into the part. And, the little duckling was adorable. Cute kids! And, congrats to Chris on his winning chili recipe (and awesome prize!)

Kurt and Kortney Tobler

LOVE all of the costumes..they are soo great!! And I especially appreciate the trick or treating advice. I'm totally competitive like that too. I was irritated that people were giving destry one piece of candy!! Kurt had to remind me that Destry doesn't care...haha.

Jenny Kuhni

Can I start by saying how adorable you kids are?!! And why no pics of you, huh?!!! That is so sweet what Whitney said! I just think the world of you kids and you two as well1 I will need advice when the chillins start coming. :)

Mary

Looks like fun! The vampire costumes look so real...it's a tie between Tinkerbell and the duck for the winner of the cute award.