CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Caldwell Family Reunion - Day #1

All the rafters prior to leaving.

A rafting trip down the Green River was the first official activity of the reunion. I was planning on going and leaving Landon with a babysitter. But the night before I started thinking that it was going to be a very long day and Landon does not do well with separation or strangers. I felt like I should just stay with him at the hotel. Chris tried to talk me into going while he stayed with Landon but I was able to persuade him to go on ahead without me.

They had quite the adventurous trip! One of their boats ended up wrapped around a big rock in the middle of the river. All the boaters in that boat were tossed into the river including Whitney (she wanted me to make sure and mention that she was in that boat). There were a few moments of panic when they could not see Joie and Lexie. They were hanging out on the other side of the rock. A back pack holding many of the car keys ended up on the bottom of the river causing some headaches. Most importantly everyone was fine and that is all that really matters. I don't think any of them will ever forget that trip either!
Meanwhile, back at the Marriot, Landon and I had a chill and relaxing day. We enjoyed a nap, lunch at Cafe Rio and a little shopping at Maurice's.

Looks like fun, doesn't it?


Goofing around with water guns and having fun!


Ashlyn ready for some rafting.

Have some lunch before heading out.

1 comments:

Elizabeth

Rafting was so much fun with your family. I just loved being around your kids. They are so polite and kind. Whitney is so beautiful. It was so nice to be with all of you through the weekend.