CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We're Going To Disney World!!!

YAHOO!!! Gavin, Ashlyn and Whitney holding their Disney World park hopper passes!


Giving Daddy some love!
Mr. Fun (aka Chris) surprised the kids with the news that we are going to Disney World yesterday afternoon. Now this was led up to with about a week of him saying things to them such as -
Chris: I've got the best surprise for you! Wanna know what it is?
Child: Yes, Dad, yes! Tell me!!!
Chris: No, I'm gonna keep it to myself for awhile longer.
And then there was a conversation he and I had at least 100 times.
Chris: I want to surprise the kids but I just can't wait! Maybe I'll tell them? Should I tell them? I'm just so excited!!! I don't know if I can wait three weeks to tell them!
Now what I would say is pointless because he really didn't want to hear my opinion. I would mix up my responses just to see his reaction and play with him a bit.
The passes came in yesterday to ITR (place where military folks buy discounted tickets) so of course he ran right down to pick them up. He comes home puts each child's pass in an envelope. Wraps the envelope. Puts them in a box, wraps the box, puts it in another box and wraps that box. Naturally, the kids are ECSTATIC once they finally get past that fourth layer!
FYI Disney World came out with an awesome deal for military members this year, that Chris just couldn't pass up. The soldier gets in for free and then can buy 5 day park hopper passes for family members for only $99 each. Since Orlando is only about a 6 hour drive from here, we will just drive down. Plus, he found a good deal on a condo rental. The last time we went to Disney World I was pregnant and about 6 weeks away from delivering Gavin. =) We will also be going to Sea World cause they've got a similar deal where the soldier is free and they also give them up to 3 free tickets for direct family members.

15 comments:

scott

That's awesome. I would love to surprise Windy and the kids with something like this.

Elizabeth

Wow! There isn't a better family who deserves this trip more. You will have a blast. Take lots of pictures and keep us posted.

Anonymous

That is so cool! How fun! We are going to Disneyland in March, and Addie won't stop talking about it.

The Patty Cake House

YAY!!!!!! We're excited for you guys!!!!

The Phipps

Can we go????... Well have fun!!! It is great there!

Katie Webb

how fun is that!? WHat a great dad! And what a great deal. We should have gone to disney world while we were there.

Susieq

That is so totally Chris! I am excited for you, and I can't wait to see pictures. I love blogs and keeping up with my beautiful grandkids.

Susieq

That is so totally Chris! I am excited for you, and I can't wait to see pictures. I love blogs and keeping up with my beautiful grandkids.

Brett and Diane

That exciting! Chris cracked me up with his wrapping. I just laughed and laughed over that. Have a great time!

Unknown

What fun you will all have!! Chris you are definately orginal! We got a new computer for Christmas and Uncle Dan and I look at your cute family every night! Keep those pictures coming --we love them!
Love you all~!

~The Dippold's

How exciting!! I am sure you will have a wonderful trip!! :)

Mindy

Hopefully it won't be as busy for you guys! I still haven't told my dad about this new deal, he would die! He paid so much money for all of us to go. You guys will have a ton of fun, I think going with younger kids would be funner. Everything there is so magical there for them :)

Mary

We're so excited for you! Can we fit in your suitcase? Hope you have fun...can't believe the secret. I would have told.

Pepple

Oh so fun!!! The look on Gavin's face is priceless in that first picture. What fun parents you guys are! I love Chris' wrapping, too funny.

malia

yay! how fun! i love that chris got so excited about it! :) when are you going? i can't wait to hear stories and to see pictures! i love you guys!!!