CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

34

Yesterday I turned 34. Yippee!!! Another year older and wiser too. At least I hope so. =)
Chris always goes out of his way to make my birthday special. He bought this cake at a local bakery and it was super yummy! Even Chris who is not a big cake fan loved it. Let me tell you the effort Chris went to to light those two candles. We did not have any matches in the house. I told him not to worry but he said, "my wife is going to make a birthday wish"! He took some paper towels twisted them up and then held it to the heating element in the oven. It took a little patience but he was eventually rewarded with fire. I still can't believe he got the candles lighted and didn't suffer any serious burns cause once that paper towel lit it went up in flames fast!
After my breakfast of donuts, I got to open my gifts. Chris had taken the kids the night before to pick things out and said he was really impressed with Wit and Gavin's selections. Gavin said he wanted to get me a book and some black licorice. My boy knows his Mama! There is not much I like better than reading a good book while eating treats. Ashlyn got herself, I mean me some chocolates. As soon as they got home from shopping she had immediately told me she had gotten me flowers and chocolates. We have taken to calling her Loose Lips Ashlyn. =) Last week we had taken the kids to pick out gifts for each other and she immediately gave a detailed description to Whitney and Gavin on what she had gotten them along with what they had got for each other. Whitney got me a pedi-egg! Maybe you have seen the infomercial on TV? I had wondered aloud several times if this invention could possibly be as great as it seemed. It totally is!!! Worth every penny!!! Chris described it as a cheese grater for your feet. Lovely image, is it not?

Whitney also got me this cute apron she is modeling in the above photo. You might notice that is fits her perfectly. Since I am just a smidgen bigger than a size 2 in juniors it is not fitting me so well. it sure looks cute on her though!!! And it came with one in Ashlyn's size too so they can be twinners. Then Chris handed me an envelope, inside was a letter that said Dec. 16th at 1300. Wouldn't it be really (really was repeated for two pages of type) nice to never wear glasses or contacts again? He has set up a consultation appointment for me to see about having Lasik eye surgery. We shall see if these eyes of mine can be fixed to 20/20 eyesight! I have worn glasses since the third grade and cannot see a thing without corrective lenses. To wake up and be able to see the alarm clock? To go swimming and be able to see? I can only imagine the wonder and delight of it!!! I was also treated to an excellent meal at Carrabba's.

10 comments:

Shannon

Happy Birthday to you! I was just wondering how your special day was, glad that you did this post. Sounds like Chris went out of his way. I always love what kids pick out. My nephew got my sister a bacon cooker, because he really loves bacon & thought she could whip some up for him real fast! Great gifts, nice to know the Ped-Egg actually works...I need one! Hope you are a candidate for eye surgery...I'm jealous!

Mary

I'll cross my fingers for you on the lasik! I went one place that said yes and one place that said no...when it comes to eyes, I trusted the one who said no, but they told me to try again in a few years. Good luck, and what a great present!

The Cook Clan

Glad you had a great birthday!! Lasik would be awesome!! I hope it works out for you...and Carabbas!!! YUM!!! I LOVE that place!! =)

This Idaho Girl

I hope you had a fabulous day! You make 34 look good!

Katie Webb

Wow! Happy Birthday! I wouldn't think you were a day over 30! Your kids and hubby are so sweet.

Elizabeth

Happy 34th Birthday! You look great. I am so excited about your birthday present from Chris. We should see if we could get a two for one deal. I wear glasses too! Good luck!

Christy

I definitely need to know about the ped egg. I want one so bad but didn't think it would be comfortable or work. You'll have to post a before and after pic or something.

Heather

Christy, it doesn't hurt a bit! And I will never be posting any pictures of my feet because they are hideous! When Chris and I were first married he told me my feet were the only ugly thing about me. True story. You will just have to take my word for it. Chris found this one at Ross for only $6.99!

My Three Boys

You look so beautiful. Oh how I miss you I can hardley stand it. So glad you had a good day.

Pepple

Looks like you had a great birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!! :) I am glad you liked the pedegg, I have wondered about those. I have terrible feet. Good luck with the lasik, I will be curious to see how it goes for you. I have been trying to convince to get it, but he doesn't want to.