CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Funny Question

Yesterday as Whitney and I were driving home from her piano lesson she asked me this question. She said, why is it that when a woman is pregnant her belly looks SOOOO BIG but then when the baby is born it is SOOOO TINY? I was chuckling to myself, thinking someday when that baby comes out of your body, you won't think it is quite so tiny! It is all about perspective, isn't it? Instead I gave her the more scientific answer that I knew she would like better and just explained that the pregnant belly isn't just baby but also amniotic fluid, placenta etc. This seemed to satisfy her but I am still chuckling over it. =D

3 comments:

Carissa

That's funny! The day after my first was born I kind of wondered the same thing. Why does my belly look almost as big as before?? Shouldn't it be back to normal now?

The Phipps

My belly never left and only got bigger! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Susieq

I still remember the first shower after having Chris. I stood under the hot water and cried as I looked down at my stomach that still looked pregnant. Well, not 9 months pregnant, but still big. Traumatic moment.