CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Ashlyn woke up Easter morning with a bad case of the trots so that is why she isn't decked out in her Easter finery with Whitney and Gavin in the above photo. I had resigned myself to not having coordinating Easter clothes this year and settling for staying in the same colors. But then I experienced a true Easter miracle! =D On Tuesday while at TJ Maxx what did I spy but a little dress for Ashlyn made out of the exact same fabric as the dress I had gotten for Whitney!!!! Even though they were made by completely different companies. It was the only one and in her size too! And at a mere $15.00 a bargain to boot! I plan on taking photos later on in this week.
At first Ashlyn would only pick up eggs that were pink or purple. Towards the end she started to pick up yellow eggs and the occasional orange egg.

Gavin taking his new metal detector for a test run. He thought I was mean because I said he couldn't dig for "treasure" in other people's yards.


Whitney with her new Webkinzs Lacy (lamb) and Easter (bunny).


Chris demonstrating for the children how not to play on the playground equipment.

All three kids looking very scruffy after our egg hunt.

Ashlyn is a true chocolate lover. She had no interest in the other candies. She went right for the hard core stuff.This is one good bunny!
Unlike M&M's this bunny does melt in your hands.

Whitney showing off our dyed eggs.

Gavin hard at work.











10 comments:

The Patty Cake House

I love the Easter outfits!!! I love your Easter miracle story.

Kattelman Krew

I'm sad we missed it! Twas meant to be for the kids to have matching outfits! you have always dressed them beautifully.... I love the pic of Chris demonstrating how NOT to play on the playground.....tell him nice garments! We miss you so much, and can't wait till this summer!!!!

Susieq

One of the best thing about holidays is knowing you'll soon be posting pictures! I'm sorry Ashlyn was sick, but I love that you were able to get the matching dresses. Can't wait to see those pics. And that soooo looked just like Chris.

The Phipps

Those pictures look great! I love the outfits also! And Ashlyn with the chocolate bunny, yummy and messy!

Brett and Diane

What a fun Easter. What is trots? I've never heard that but it looks like Ashlyn is doing well. I love the pictures of her eating her chocolate bunny. Gavin and Whitney in their Easter church clothes look so darling. What a great and mind blowing find with Ashlyn's dress can't wait to see it.

The Cook Clan

Looks like you guys had a great Easter!! I love the turquoise color...so springy!! I love how your kids always match...in fact I started doing it for church cause I think it just looks so cute!!

Heather

Diane,
Trots is just means a euphemism for diarrhea. LOL

malia

oh! it looks like you had such a fun time! i am so glad! :) loved the messy chocolate picture, the fact that gavin wanted to dig in other people's yards, and the colorful eggs that whitney was holding up! Happy Easter to you! Love you so much!

Unknown

We loved the cute pics...your family is growing up so fast! We can't wait to see the little brother. We will be waiting for those pics. Love you!
Uncle Dan and Aunt Brenda

Windy

don't you love how dad's demonstrate how "not" to do things? :)