CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Father/Son Moment to Remember

I hope no one is offended by this post but I thought it was pretty funny. Gavin just started practice for his first season of baseball not t-ball mind you, but real live actual baseball. Chris tells me that at their first practice/meeting the coach recommends that they get athletic supporters for the boys. Which quickly prompts Gavin to ask Chris what an athletic supporter is. To which Chris replies, its something you wear so your "eggs" don't get crushed by a baseball. To which Gavin even more quickly replies, that he wants one! ASAP!!!

Before practice yesterday Chris takes him into the bathroom for their special father/son moment and instructs him on the proper wearing of his first cup. Gavin comes out with a-not-so-sure-about-this look on his face and a very funny walk. On arriving home he immediately goes to the bathroom removes the cup, comes out, waves it around and announces "this thing itches like the Dickens!!!" About 20 minutes later I find it on my kitchen table. Then he and I got to have a little mother/son talk about appropriate places to keep one's athletic supporter. =)

6 comments:

The Phipps

That's funny!! Wasn't it on Cheaper by the Dozen that they washed one in the dishwasher and throw it in the spagetti sauce? So watch out!

Katie Webb

That is HILARIOUS! I love it!

The Cook Clan

That is sooo funny!! One of many priceless father/son moments I'm sure :) Hey, you'll have to email me some of the things you guys did when you were here.

Anonymous

Oh my gosh that is so funny!!!

This Idaho Girl

Thanks for the laugh. That's a good one.

Pepple

Oh so funny!! The joys of raising a house with boys!