CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Favorite Time of the Year!




Every year around the end of March until about mid-May it is strawberry season in lower Alabama. We first discovered Cottle Farms when we were here during flight school. When we found out we were coming back it was one of the things I was most excited about. Yes, I am a dork! I just love strawberries and like most produce they are so much yummier when fully ripened and freshly picked. I also love picking them, it almost has an element of treasure hunting to it. You never know when you will stumble upon the perfect strawberry. Though I have to admit being 8 months pregnant isn't exactly conducive to strawberry picking. Chris picked most of them this trip since Whitney and Gavin were in school. They were mad that we went without them but we had to go to Dothan and I couldn't pass them up. In case anyone is interested they are located right off Highway 231 in Midland City (right before Dothan). If you pick them yourself it is $9.00 a bucket already picked $12.00 a bucket.

7 comments:

Brett and Diane

How fun and yummy. I've never had a strawberry that didnt' come from a store. I didn't know they could taste even better.

Richardson Family

I love them tooo!!! We are planning our trip next week! I can't wait!

The Cook Clan

I miss those strawberries!! It is so fun picking them. I remember going just before Liam was due...yeah, hard to bend over and pick with a big 'ol belly in the way :) :) But always worth it:) I gotta find somewhere like that here in CO.

Kattelman Krew

So Jealous! I miss the strawberry farms!!!! To this day I've never tasted such incredible strawberry's in all my life.....

The Phipps

That picture is so cute! I want to go there!

Susieq

Note to Self: Plan a trip to Alabama next year at this time to help pick strawberries. Mom had a strawberry patch in her garden, and I still remember how those tasted. It is so frustrating to go to a store and see the high prices, and they don't even smell like strawberries. So I know they don't taste good.

Carissa

I wish I would have known about that place while we were there!!