CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Cursed Dress

I don't really believe in bad luck but sometimes you just have to wonder what fates have aligned against you. =) I bought this dress over a year ago for Ashlyn because I loved it so much!!! Natalie Pierce and I were shopping together when I found this gem. Do you remember, Nat? I just love pink and green together and though its hard to see the detail in the photo, the flower cut overlay at the hemline. I even overlooked the fact that it was dry clean only which I usually can't see past when dressing a 3 year old, silly of me, I know. Finally the joyous day came when I pulled it out of Ashlyn's closet for her to wear at long last! Only to find a small brown spot smack dab in the middle of the bodice. How this happened when it had done nothing but hang in her closet, is still a mystery to me. After two trips to the cleaners the spot was vanquished to a hardly noticeable ghost of its former self. It's a good thing I snapped a few shots of her in it before church yesterday. Because about 30 minutes into church what do I hear but the unmistakable sound of ripping fabric as Ashlyn gets off her chair. ARRRGGGHH!!! She ripped right through that fancily cut overlay and there is no repairing it.

6 comments:

Anonymous

That is a super cute dress!

Kattelman Krew

of course! only because you loved the dress that much!

Mary

Don't you hate that? Esther had a similar experience a few months ago with a cute church bag...waited so long to get a cute one and almost tripped on the handle getting up to walk out with one of the kids. I'm thinking of you a lot as the due date gets closer...can't wait to hear.

The Cook Clan

Oh man!! I can't believe you went through all that to get the stain out only for it to be worn once...how frustrating!! It's a beautiful dress too!! What luck, huh?

This Idaho Girl

Sounds like my life. Why don't we just let them run around naked?

My Three Boys

Oh, that stinks totally! But you did get a picture of it.