CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Home at Last!!!

Due to a severe allergic reaction to the adhesive on the bandage placed over my c-section incision and the Betadine used to swab my abdomen we ended up being in the hospital for 5 days. Lucky me has the world's most sensitive skin. Suffice it to say that itchy hives covering your incision do not make for fun times. It looked way worse than it really was and the doctor was concerned it was infected but the tests came back normal so that was a relief. Chris almost passed out after taking a look and even the nurses had a hard time keeping their faces serene when they got that first look at it. It was not a pretty sight! I am also allergic to latex so hopefully I never have surgery again. The nurses were awesome though and took great care of me.
I took this picture late last night so he is almost a week old in this one. He is loving his binky! None of my other kids took a binky for long but I'm thinking he might be the exception.


I thought Ashlyn was spoiled but I think Landon has her beat.
Someone is constantly snuggling with him.


Ashlyn is insistent that he needs this little green bear to sleep with him.


I took this one on the 22nd while we were still in the hospital.


Just a shot to show off all his hair. =)





This is Chris pouting because I had my tubes tied and this is our last baby. Isn't he just heart breaking??? =D



Meeting the very excited siblings for the first time. Ashlyn was very possessive and did not want anyone else to hold him or even look at him. After a bit of a melt down she reluctantly accepted the fact that Whitney and Gavin are his brother and sister also.

12 comments:

The Phipps

He is soooo sweet and cute!!!! Congrats!!!

Carissa

Oh my gosh, he is SO cute Heather! Looking at his little face is making me excited for another boy.

After just having my own little hypersensitivity reaction/rash, I can't imagine having something like that over an incision. Yikes! I feel for ya and hope you heal quickly and feel better!

The Cook Clan

Oh Heather Landon is so precious!! He is a beautiful, perfect little baby :) Congrats again!! Glad you are both home and healthy!! Make sure to enjoy every last minute with him!!

This Idaho Girl

Heather, he is just beautiful. Sorry about your reaction. At least we have great insurance, right? I'm sure there will be plenty of women willing to loan you a baby should Chris feel too deprived in the future. ...Or you could get a dog. Welcome home.

Christy

Well congrats! Tell Chris not to be too sad, my friend just told me she's expecting #7 and she had her tubes tied after #6. You have a cute family. Love the pics

My Three Boys

He is such a CUTE little guy. i think he looks like his brother. Good work guys

Susieq

Landon is the most beautiful baby! And such bright eyes. Heather, I'm so sorry about your allergic reaction. That sounds miserable.

Carrie Krainock

He is too cute! I love the picture of him still in the hospital. Congrats to you guys!

The Fisher's

He is such a handsome little man!! I love those big eyes, it's crazy just how fast they change! I hope you are feeling better and it is all under control now - scary!

Mary

He's adoreable! I can see why they don't want to put him down. We're trying to breathe in new baby smell over the internet but it doesn't seem to be working!

Windy

Landon is beautiful! That's my all time favorite boy name too! Congrats!

malia

OH my goodness! He is so beautiful!!! Seriously! Gorgeous! I just love him!!! Oh how I wish we lived closer!!! Congratulations!!!