CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Arizona Here We Come - Take Three!!!

This is my third and I pray, last attempt to write this post! Ashlyn keeps turning off my computer just as I am almost finished. GRRRR! I'm beginning to wonder if this child will make it to her 4th birthday or more to the point, will I?!? But that is a whole other post in itself.

Chris has been in the process of applying for a job in Arizona. We both really wanted this job! The day of the big phone interview finally rolled around this past Monday. Ashlyn, Landon and I were ordered to leave the house two hours in advance. Eventually we were given the green light to come home only to wish we might leave again. Chris kept checking his phone every five minutes, made me call him to make sure it was working correctly, replayed the interview 20 times and kept asking me, how long do you think it will be till I hear something. Basically he was a spastic mess! I said to him, "how sad are you that you are 33 years old and have never had an important job interview?" He even took the day off work which might seem a bit extreme but really was for the best as his state of mind was not good. Thankfully his angst was short lived because he got the call Tuesday morning that the job was his!!!!!!!!

The job is considered active duty special work. He will be attached to the Arizona Guard and apart of the joint counter drug task force. Which means we will keep all our active duty benefits but he will not deploy and we won't move. He refers to it as the "Dream Job" because he gets to fly an actual mission every day and come home every night. The unit is in Marana which is right next to Tucson and also an hour south of Phoenix. He had been obsessively looking at real estate online for the past month or so but now has stepped it up to every spare moment. We are both really excited to join the ranks of home owners and put down some roots. Any advice anyone would like to give would be greatly appreciated as this will be our first time buying a home. We will be leaving Fort Rucker November 2oth which I know is going to come so fast! We feel so blessed and thankful that things have worked out the way we were hoping they would. It is going to be wonderful to be so much closer to so many of our family and friends.

17 comments:

Carissa

Congratulations! I really liked the Marana area and the ward is really nice. Good luck with the house hunting!

Anonymous

I know its been forever since I have personally posted ANYTHING, but that is neither here nor there.

First of all CONGRATS on that beautiful babe. He's so handsome.

Secondly, J spent 3 months in Marana, and I drove down to visit him for a couple of weeks. There isn't much in Marana itself, but Tucson is a fairly easy drive South, and if you end up getting a place up in the foothills (wish I could remember the name of the specific part, darn pregnant brain), it is BEAUTIFUL. It also seemed much safer and upper class--very clean and lots of new stores and shopping. Carissa Buck spent a month down there. Maybe she could tell you more. Hope that helps!

Anonymous

Ha! She beat me to it!

Susieq

That is the best news. I'm so excited for you guy. Having you that close will be awesome. But the best part is knowing Chris will be home every night with you and those kids just makes me smile. You are such a sweet family and are so blessed.

Shannon

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news! I had to chuckle at the thought of Chris being a spastic mess...that's funny! Good luck in the home search, I'm sure you will find the perfect place for your family. And, with you guys that close, maybe we'll get to see each other more often, too!

Anonymous

That is so awesome!! Congrats!!

Duncan Family

we have a good friend who is going there too. he is a KW pilot too! congrats

Pepple

That is awesome news! I am so super happy for your family! You guys really deserve a great position like this. Does this mean Chris will be able to finish his career in AZ? What a great place to settle down! Will you guys be driving through OK on your way?

This Idaho Girl

We love Chris and his OCD tendencies! Congrats on attaining the dream job! You will love being home owners after so many years of "renting" or whatever they call it on Post. I think Chris will do a fabulous job hunting down those drug lords.

J.

We're so excited for you! That really does sound like a dream job! We know how much you guys wanted to go. Congrats! When will you be moving? Let me know if you need any help!

Heather

Amber, Yes he will finish up his last 6 years towards his 20 year retirement there. Then he wants to try and get on with Homeland Security and put in 20 with them, retire at 59 with and start "double dipping" as he calls it! Then he says it will be my turn to work while he lounges around. Isn't he funny? I will ask him about the travel route for sure.

The Fisher's

I'm so excited for you guys! That's great!! A new home and no leaving it! You'll have it made! Congrats!

The Cook Clan

Yay!! That is sooo exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys and what a great feeling to know you'll be somewhere longer than 3 years =) Good luck with the move...I always dread that part but it'll be worth it =)

Joe*Nikki

Awesome!!!! We are so happy for you guys!

Mary

Heather--We're definitely excited to have you closer. Jim and Shaye have a baby due in March o a trip to Arizona sounds like it may be in the planning...congratulations to both of you.

malia

yay! i am so happy for you guys! congratulations! seriously, i am so very happy! best of luck wrapping things up!!!!!! love you.

The Healthy Nutcase

Ah! So excited for you guys to go to Arizona but sad to not have you join us in Kansas! WE just love you guys and your cute kids! Can't wait to see you in the future! Hopefully sooner than later!