CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scarred for Life

I had a check up with my OB doctor today. (I will be 36 weeks on Thursday, so about 3 more weeks to go!) I had Ashlyn with me and wasn't expecting to have a pelvic exam done at this visit. Now Ashlyn has seen a lot of doctors in her short little life and is not a fan. From a young age she could identify medical personnel on sight. In fact just the day before she had blood drawn and was not happy about it! In the middle of my exam I look over to see poor little Ashlyn cowering under a chair looking terrified. I know she was worried she was next because once the doctor was done and left the room she starting asking me what the stirrups were and repeatedly saying this is Mama's doctor, not Ashlyn's doctor. I assured her that yes, this was my doctor. Despite this assurance she was in a awful big hurry to leave!

Also to go off on a complete tangent, does anyone else have a child that loves the giant red balls sitting in front of Target? Ashlyn insists on hugging them every time we go!

7 comments:

Duncan Family

yes, and very screams... BALLS

Windy

emmi LOVE those dang balls!!! she always has to slide on them!

The Cook Clan

Poor Ashlyn...wow!! I can't believe you just have a few more weeks left...how exciting!!

That is too cute about her hugging the Target balls :) Evan usually wants to hurdle them and Sarah used to want to climb and sit on them...thankfully Liam hasn't "discovered" them yet :)...KIDS!!!

The Phipps

I love the Target balls!!!! I hope that Ashlyn is not scarred for life...maybe she will forget:)

The Patty Cake House

I told you that you should have left her with me!!! Poor Ashlyn and poor you. :)

Kattelman Krew

ha,ha,ha! That's so funny....the whole thing the stirrup story and Target one. If Ashlyn needs someone to relate to, I too hide under a chair frightened and afraid when in an OB office ;)

Mary

Our gang says--NO FAIR! We don't have giant balls in front of our target...but they'll pass on the doc visits.