CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

MY SURPRISE BABY SHOWER!!!

I was treated to quite the surprise yesterday. I thought Emilie and I were going shopping with a little detour to drop off some boy scout papers to Rome's house. I never knew my friends could be so devious!!! In fact, I'm a little disturbed by their talent for sneakiness. ;) Not for one moment did I suspect what was going on. As we pulled up to Rome's house I did notice there were a lot of cars at her house. But I figured she was having some kind of family get together so when Emilie asked me if I wanted to come in with her, I said I would just wait in the car. I didn't want to bother Rome when she was obviously so busy! A few minutes later Emilie comes back and says she wants you to come in, so she can show you something. Still not even a flicker of suspicion. Even when I walked in and saw the roomful of women and table of presents, I was still a little slow on the uptake. It took the shouting of surprise for me to fully grasp. I was completely blown away! I was so touched that Rome and Emilie went to all that trouble for me. Thanks guys, you're the best! And thank you to everyone else who came and gave me such awesome baby gifts. We had the yummiest food and lots of fun. Chris of course, was in on this little secret and never made any slips either which in itself is a miracle!

5 comments:

The Cook Clan

That is so neat...What a great surprise!! I think surprises are the best when you are truly surprised and don't suspect a thing!! That is awesome!!

The Patty Cake House

I'm so glad we pulled it off!!!

My Three Boys

That is so sweet! I wish I could have been there. Way to go Chris! I just sent your package this morning it should be there in 2 days. It better be anyway. I want to see picks of the fun stuff you got.

Brett and Diane

What a great group of friends. How fun!

Benjamin and Jennie

oh cute girls!! for some reason I have lost track of our blog... It's good to read up on what you and your family have been up to!! cant wait to see the baby!