CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 21, 2009

Tradition Resumed

Me and my girlies ready for our GNO.
When we lived in Colorado Wit and I started a tradition of going to see the Nutcracker. The first year I took her she was almost 4. It was a first for both of us and a magical experience. When we moved to Alabama it was just too far of a drive to keep up this yearly tradition. This year I saw an ad in a local paper for a holiday concert that the Tucson Orchestra Symphony was doing. I asked Chris to get us tickets since he can usually get us great seats for a deal. He totally came through for us and we had some of the best seats in the house (we were front and center in the 5th row) at half price. I had debated long and hard on whether or not to bring Ashlyn with us. If it had just been a performance of the Nutcracker I would have taken her for sure. But since it was 2 hours of mostly music performed by the choir and orchestra I didn't think Ashlyn would do well. Chris went ahead and got Ashlyn a ticket too. I think he thought I was mean to not include her. She was enraptured by the ballet numbers which only took up about 20 minutes. She spent the rest of the time yelling that she wanted the ballets, rolling on the floor and trying to climb around the seats. Did I mention that about 75% of the people there were over the age of 50? I'm sure they were wondering what on earth I was thinking to bring a 4 year old along and cursing me. =) Whitney loved the whole thing and was fascinated with the playing of the violins. They had a southwest spin on the Nutcracker costumes and a Mariachi band from a local high school also joined in for a few numbers. It was a great performance and I am looking forward to enjoying more of their performances!
I asked Chris to take a photo of Ashlyn and I. Then I wanted one of Whitney and I. This was Ashlyn's reaction. She did not want Whitney and I to take a picture without her. Yes, she is struggles with a jealousy issue.


1 comments:

Shannon

You girls looked beautiful! I love the idea of a girls night out, too. Love your straight hair!