CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hiking and Backpacking in the Catalinas

Last Friday I dropped Chris, Whitney and Gavin off at Sabino Canyon for the kids first hiking/backpacking trip. Chris had been beyond excited to take them! They stayed overnight and hiked a total of 16 miles.
Here they are looking very outdoorsy at a waterfall.

I was a little worried about my babies overall safety.

Here they are standing on the edge of a cliff.

Scaling treacherous and rocky cliff sides.

They asked Chris to take a picture of this sign about some of the over friendly wildlife. After looking at the photos Chris took, hearing their accounts of fording a raging river among other things turns out I was not completely off base with my worries. They had a grand time though and can't wait for the next trip.

1 comments:

The Patty Cake House

It looks like they had a lot of fun!! I'm glad they had fun and made it home safely!! :)