CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sure Signs of Age

More and more frequently I am becoming aware that I am, to use the politically correct term, aging or in other words getting OLD! Here are a few clear indicators:
1. I can no longer keep my children's names straight. I can't even confine my mistakes to the same sex!
2. I have a bad back. This alone makes me sound like a Grandpa.
3. I hide things away and then forget I have them only to find them at a later date. This one is actually kind of pleasant.
4. I am starting to see fads I knew as a youth make a comeback.
5. I have gray hairs.
6. I prefer to eat dinner around 5:00 p.m.
7. When asked my age, I have to think about it before responding. Then I am mildly depressed by my conclusion.
8. I drive a mini-van.
9. I am somewhat baffled by new fashions and how they should be worn.
10. I am shocked by song lyrics I hear on the radio.

5 comments:

Carissa

Right there with ya... I can relate to most of these. Especially confusing my children's names. It's so frustrating (and ya, the gender doesn't even seem to matter anymore)

Windy

same here!

Shannon

Same here!! I'm glad I'm not alone...I'm totally guilty of hiding things away and forgetting about them. This is a sure sign that I'm turning into my mother.

labelle31

Your NOT old dear. You just take after your Father! Except for hiding the stuff and forgetting where you put it. That's from me! Anyway, what's wrong with turning into your Mom? I like her a lot! :P

The Cook Clan

So true!! I can totally relate!! =)

I love your header=)