CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Gavin

My Gavin is the sweetest and best boy ever! (Yes, I might be just a tad prejudiced on this matter.) He woke up this morning complaining of a sore throat and running a temperature. Naturally, I was thinking a possible case of step throat. We got him in to the Doctor where it was confirmed that this was the case. The doctor said he could either get an injection or take oral antibiotics for 10 days. Of course all children hate shots and they never want to get one! The advantage to the injection is that they are only contagious for 24 as opposed to 3 days and they feel better much more quickly. The doctor explained to him that this would lessen the chances of Landon, Ashlyn and the rest of us contracting strep throat. I left the decision up to him and he picked the shot while bravely trying to hold back tears. I knew he would. He is so good at thinking about others and usually will put others wants and needs ahead of his own. Then I was a little peeved because they took forever to come in and give him what turned out to be two injections (one in each thigh). After the fact, the nurse said that they were painful shots because they are so thick and big but that she wished all the kids were as good as him about it. Funny side note, Ashlyn felt pretty bad for him but not so bad she was willing to hold his hand. She said, "Poor Gavin has to get a shot." I asked her if she wanted to come hold his hand to which she replied, "no, I don't want to get sick!"

7 comments:

Brett and Diane

What a sweetie! Hope he gets feeling better soon!

Susieq

What an unselfish young man. I'm so proud of him. He is a very special person.

The Phipps

Feel better soon Gavin! You are a brave young man!!

The Cook Clan

What a sweet, brave, brave boy!! That is so cool! Hope he feels better and that the shots were worth it =) And I LOVE Ashlyn's cute little comment...too funny =)

Shannon

What a sweet heart! Way to take one for the team!

Kevin n Amy Cederquist

How sweet of him. Doesn't suprise me, he is always sweet in Primary. He is very nice to the boys and girls, always.

Jenny Kuhni

Ah! Gavin is sooooo sweet and what a stud. Good job Heather and Chris for being such good parents. We will need lots of advice when the time comes. :) We miss the Weaver family and I am so bummed to not have you guys coming to Kansas. :(