CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Little Boy Treasures...



Lucky for me, I do not fall into the majority of females that are scared of bugs. The other day when I opened one of Gavin's dresser drawers I was greeted by a horrible smell and this sight. Two giant beetles, both dead and smelling very strongly of it. Also take notice of that stick sharpened to a very fine point! A boy never knows when he will need to defend himself with his handmade shank. Upon questioning I discovered that Chris had been letting him practice his "whittling skills" with a pocket knife. I wasn't too pleased with that piece of news. Gavin was very worried that I had thrown away his beetles but being the nice Mom I am, I had placed them in a ziploc bag with strict instructions that they stay in there.

3 comments:

Shannon

That is so funny! I loved the shank, especially! Once I saved a hard boiled Easter egg in my dresser drawer. It took my parents quite a while to track down the smell!!

malia

hahahah. you ARE a nice mom. :) hahaha. oh little boys!

Christy

That's the best. I'm looking forward to the little boy things. I'm glad Mikey's last because I'm more laid back now. I think if I had a boy first I would have freaked out at that! Congrats on the job. Sad to hear you are leaving so soon though.