CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Trip to Tucson

Our trip was a whirlwind and very short lived but I think I am going to love Tucson! We left Wednesday morning and came home Friday night. Can cacti be described as lush? If so, that was the case. I love the light out west! The area seemed really nice and our house is really close to the kids school and shopping. One interesting thing about Tucson is that there are hardly any street lights. Our realtor said they have an ordinance that prohibits it because they have an observatory on one of the peaks. It was a little creepy after night fell to be in a city with hardly any lights. Whitney, Gavin and Ashlyn each stayed with three separate and wonderful families while we were gone. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to each of these wonderful women. I was really nervous about Chris and I being so far away from them. In fact, I did not want to go but Chris pushed me into going. He really wanted me to pick the house I wanted. He was also able to go to his new workplace and meet his co-workers. He came back even more excited about his new job. We are both realizing that this is going to be a real lifestyle change for us. It is exciting but also a little scary. Army life is all we have known since we said I do and the unknown is always a little unsettling. There have even been moments when I've thought maybe we should just stay in. Life is truly an adventure, isn't it?
Chris working his Vanna act. Whitney has told me on several occasions lately that her favorite cars are 1.) Toyota Precis and 2.) Nissan Altima so we took this picture just for her. The clerk at the rental car counter got really excited when Chris showed up. He thought he was the host of a TV show called Future Weapons. (He has been getting that a lot lately.) He wanted to give him a free car upgrade to a Camaro. Chris had to turn down this sweet offer since there was no room for Landon's car seat and other baby paraphernalia. He took this blow manfully and settled for being green instead of sporty. =)

Some hot construction workers hard at work on our new home sweet home.

Let me just say that house buying is STRESSFUL but then just about everything is stressful for me. If money was no object I'm sure it would be a much better experience but such is not the case. If one had lots of time it would probably be more enjoyable but we are in a time crunch. There is nothing I hate more than feeling rushed! Not living across the country would also be helpful. Add in the fact that I am completely indecisive when it comes to making big decisions and it is not good. In order to live in one of the best school districts we had to go with less house for our money. Those darn kids are always cramping my style. I just hope they appreciate us someday! =D



This one is entitled "Almost No Room at the Inn". haha In case you can't tell that is a dresser drawer Landon is sleeping in. The Wingate was all out of cribs so we had to improvise. =)
We did have a giant king size bed but Chris is such a heavy sleeper he was worried he might smash/smother him during the night.


Landon flyin' the friendly skies for the first time.


I was a little worried about flying with a baby (it had been a long time) but this little guy was a traveling champ! Anyone who has flown with a baby knows the looks of horror people give you when you sit down next to them with a baby. By the end of each flight people were singin' his praises! Comments were made such as, "That is the best baby I've ever flown with" and "What a trooper! I didn't hear one peep out of him the whole way."

10 comments:

Anonymous

How exciting!! I have heard Tucsun is great! I'm sure you guys will love it.

Christy

Hope those hot construction workers come as part of the package deal with the house. Can't wait to see more pictures, but I bet you can't wait for it to be done. Congrats on finding one!

Joe*Nikki

Congrats on your new home!! I bet it will be so beautiful...and Landon is just so cute! If you guys come on down to UT, we would love to see ya. ;)

This Idaho Girl

I often joked about my babies sleeping in a dresser drawer. It's a Seinfeld episode. Hilarious. Landon looks perfectly content. Moving and job changes are stressful. I think you will enjoy "civilian" life in Arizona. No snow. No humidity. I'm not sure about cockroaches, but they probably don't have Lovebugs there.

Carissa

Exciting! Hope you love your new place!

Susieq

The house looks like it will be pretty terrific. And you guys will be the first ones to ever live there, so that's cool. Did you get to pick out colors and everything?
And I'm not surprised you sacrificed for the kids. That is what makes you two the best parents. Keep us updated on all of it. All of us in Vernal are excited you're gonna be that much closer to here.

Mary

We had dinner yesterday evening with Tim's sister and her husband who lived in Tucson a few years ago. They said buy in the main part of town unless you're staying for a long time and then it would be a good idea to go for the new development/construction. :-) Sounds like you already knew that. We're excited for you.

Shannon

Congrats on the new home! So exciting! And, let Chris know that I do see the resemblance to the host from Future Weapons. Unfortunately I'm acquainted with that show!

Susieq

I just went to see who the host of that show is. Nope, no resemblance at all. Chris is so much better looking to say nothing of being in better shape!

Heather

Susan, I totally agree with you! haha No mistaking we are his wife and Mom. =)