CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Queen For Two Days!!!


Flowers made by Whitney.
Plaque made by Gavin.



I was spoiled rotten this Mother's Day and had a two day celebration! It started on Saturday when I got this recliner (modeled by Gavin below). Kind of funny gift for a woman, I know! But I have had lots of people tell me that's what they slept in after having a c-section. To me the hardest part of recovering from c-sections is getting out of bed which you are doing a lot of with a newborn, so hopefully this little baby will make my life easier. I keep teasing Chris that I'm going to start watching sports and falling asleep in it every night and never sleep in our bed again. I would add snoring to the list but Chris tells me I have been doing that for awhile now. How pathetic is that? I lay the blame completely on my allergies.

Then I tortured my children with a photo shoot. The mere mention of a photo shoot is enough to send Gavin into tears so this was quite the sacrifice. Next, I was treated to dinner at Olive Garden and ice cream from Dairy Queen. On Sunday, I got french toast for breakfast, and a nap after lunch. Plus a real feast for dinner. Chris went all out! Steak, grilled shrimp, fresh corn on the cob and asparagus, his famous red potatoes and mozzarella sticks. The children agreed that we should have mozzarella sticks for dinner more often. Followed by cake and ice cream for desert. Okay, so basically I just ate my way through the past two days. Maybe that recliner isn't so far off the mark for me after all.





















12 comments:

Anonymous

Happy Mother's Day to you!! Those pics turned out super cute!

Mary

Cute pictures! Glad you had a happy mother's day. I agree with the recliner being the best place to recover from a c-section...I remember when I had to talk myself into sleeping back in my bed again...funny, I know.

Susieq

Wow, what spoiled. And you deserve every second of it. That recliner will be so nice. Just remind Chris after you recover that it is still yours. And I love every last picture of those darling grandkids. I need copies of those. I can't wait to see what the new one looks like.

The Phipps

What a great two days for you! And the pictures are great! I love them:) Now sit in your recliner and enjoy your week!!

This Idaho Girl

You've got such cute kids. I got a recliner for Mother's Day when I was pregnant and LOVED it. I spent many a night in that chair (and I also had a snoring problem). I'm glad you got some pampering. Tell Chris we're anxiously awaiting a dinner invitation.

Elizabeth

I love the pictures of your children. They are so cute. It will be fun to see what the next one looks like. I love your recliner. I have a recliner myself and it is heaven with a new baby.

The Cook Clan

What a great Mothers Day!! The chair looks sooooo comfy. And I love all the pics of your kiddos...they turned out really good. Glad you had a great weekend :)

Mindy

What a great mother's day! I love all your photos of your kids, so cute!

Katie Webb

I'm glad you got spoiled! You deserve it! The pictures turned out great!

malia

hahaha! I love this post! i'm glad that you were spoiled because you completely deserve it!!!

Esther

I wandered over from Mary's blog (I'm one of Ruth's sisters). Your kids are adorable, what beautiful pictures.

I read your baseball post also...love the pic of Gavin sharing his water...what a brother :)

~The Dippold's

What a wonderful Mother's Day!! You are such a talented photographer. The pictures are amazing! :)