CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

A Persuasive Argument

Whitney loves to read and her all time favorite books are by an author named Erin Hunter. The series is called "Warriors" and is about cats. She has read them all and anxiously awaits the newest release. Thanks to their handy website she is able to keep track of when a new book is coming out. Needless to say she has been lobbying and campaigning for the last 2 months laying the groundwork of her case. This morning while I was fixing her hair for school she reminded me of this fact and asked for the book. Chris and I have been trying to be better about teaching her the value of money. Plus, as everyone knows, as your kids get older their hearts desires get more and more expensive. =) I pointed out that the book would be around $20.00 since it will only be out in hardback right now. Her response was, "but if it keeps me off the streets, isn't it worth it?"

9 comments:

Pepple

Oh my goodness that is so funny!!! Can she get it from the library? Our library lets us get on a hold list before a book even comes out, so we can get it pretty quickly after its released. Victoria also loves to read, we'll have to check out the series.

The Phipps

She's got you there mom!!! She is so sweet.

The Cook Clan

That is really funny!! Did you just start laughing? Can't argue much with that either :)

Anonymous

That is so funny! Smart kid!

Susieq

Doesn't that sound just like something her Dad would say? She must get that from him.

Mindy

Oh that is hilarious! Your kids are so cute. We really miss your cute family!

Kattelman Krew

pure genius! tell Whit I said so...

I think she takes after Chris with her persuasive talents :) Mark made me reread the story, and kept shaking his head and saying: "if it keeps me off the streets?"

so funny!

This Idaho Girl

Here's to keeping our kids off the streets.

Benjamin and Jennie

hahaha smart girl!!!