CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Power of Music!







Gavin hates, loathes, despises vegetables. Pretty much the only vegetable he will eat without tears and wailing is corn. Even as a baby he refused to eat any of the baby foods that weren't sweet veggies. He never would eat peas or green beans. And I kept trying! (Okay, I can't say I blame him on the peas part but I did try.) Anyways, we have tried everything to get him to eat them. He has been known to sit at the table and cry for over an hour and then fall asleep with his head on the table out of sheer angst and exhaustion. Whitney came up with the idea of playing him a song on the piano for every 3 pieces he eats. For some crazy reason this has worked wonders! Last night he was patiently waiting for her to finish her dinner so he could start the dreaded process of eating his green beans. God bless Whitney!!! That $55 we pay for lessons each month is really starting to pay off.

10 comments:

Pepple

So funny!! Yay for Whitney! I don't know what I would do without Victoria.

Kattelman Krew

That is the sweetest thing ever! Your kids are always so thoughtful and kind to each other. I've noticed how much your kids really love and take care of each other, GOOD WORK HEATHER!!! this is clearly the sign of excellent mothering skills... of which I'm hoping will rub off on me if I hang out with you enough :)

Mindy

When I was younger, my sister wouldn't eat her veggies either. I either ran around the table laughing at her and torturing her, or I would eat them for her depending on how much she paid me. I wish I was nice sister like Whitney. :)

The Phipps

That is a very sweet sister to do that for her brother!!!! I hated any kind of pea when i was little, i would get a spanking if i didn't eat them, i'm glad things have changed!!! Thanks by the way for your comment about the picture!!!

~The Dippold's

You have such sweet and thoughtful children. It shows you guys are doing a good job as parents. That is one of my biggest fears is that I want to be a good parent. I know I won't be perfect but I really hope my children will have the loving and caring characteristics that your children have! :)

The Patty Cake House

Ok that picture of Gavin is the cutest thing ever - I know that he is so mad - but he is still so dang cute!

Mary

Tell her to come play for Joie!

My Three Boys

That picture brings back so many memories. I think Whit is sweet just like her mom. Always thinking about ways to help someone out. miss you guys

malia

Ok, that is the cutest story I have ever heard! How sweet is Whitney!? I love it!

Jenny Kuhni

that is hilarious!!! my mom said that when she was little she would rap her veggies in her napkin and when grandma wasn't looking she would run to the trash, not stick them in it, but behind it, for some weird reason she thought that would be less suspiscious! :) And my uncle threw up his green beans every single time. :)I agree, Whitney is amazing!