CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Halloween Dilemma


I have a dream...its Halloween night all three of my children are dressed in co-ordinating, cute costumes. They happily and willingly pose while I snap away with my camera taking picture after picture. Okay, I have pretty much given up on this dream. I have nothing but my memories of Halloween 2004. The year Whitney was Beauty and Gavin was the Beast. The year they held hands while trick or treating. The year Grandma Susan hand made a beautiful Belle dress for Whitney. The year even Air Force cadets were compelled to stop and say how "they loved their costumes" while we were at the annual Boo at the Zoo Night. The year people could be heard to comment, "Oh, look its Beauty and the Beast!"
Every year I make an attempt to steer the children toward my costumes of choice. Every year they thwart me. Whitney and Gavin cannot agree. Gavin wants Star Wars Whitney wants the Wizard of Oz. Last year Whitney was able to talk Gavin into being a Mummy, while she was the Egyptian goddess, Isis and Ashlyn was her cat. Beggars can't be choosers. I had to take what I could get. I don't think many people made the connection.
I will just have to console myself with Ashlyn's pumpkin costume (I'm sure next year she will be expressing definite opinions) and the fact that Gavin can't wait to be a clone trooper (from Star Wars)and that Whitney is thrilled with her thrown together cat costume. Sigh.

4 comments:

Mary

The closest we came was Lilo and Stitch (Megan and Jeran). It was cute, but there have been no coordinating costumes since then. I feel your pain.

Kattelman Krew

I have a similar one too, but in involves Mark and all of our future kids :)

I really think that picture is so cute of Gavin and Whit...props to you, it was a cute idea!

Unknown
This comment has been removed by the author.
malia

ha ha ha! you are so funny! just look at it this way...at least you have sometimes had them coordinating? :)