CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thank You Chris!!!







Yesterday we headed out to Aplins' Farm for some fall fun. If you live in the area, I highly recommend it. Lots of cute photos ops and heaven for kids. Chris got my birthday/Christmas present a little early this year, a brand new Canon Rebel XSI with lots of extras. He said he is tired of paying photographers when I can take photos just as well. I had pointed out to him that my camera wasn't as nice so I wasn't going to get the same quality shots AND that I did not have their technical know how. Now that I have a super nice camera, I just need to focus on acquiring the technical know how. I am just feeling a little overwhelmed. Okay, a lot overwhelmed. I am so easily overwhelmed. I'm pretty good at the artistic side of photography but know next to nothing when it comes to the technical side. Plus, I suck with anything mechanical or electronic. It takes me awhile to feel comfortable with a new camera and I just don't like that getting to know you period. He has been feeling like I am not sufficiently grateful. I wanted to publicly let everyone know that he is the best gift giver ever! He never forgets important dates and puts lots of thought and effort into his gifts. He spent hours researching for just the right camera and the best deal. Thank you Chris!!!! It makes me feel better knowing you at least believe in me.

10 comments:

The Phipps

oh that was very nice of him!!! and you take great pictures. I have a rebel xt, if you learn some good techinques let me know.

Pepple

Oh what a great gift!!! Maybe your Chris can talk to my Chris since my birthday is in just a couple of weeks. I am dying for the Nikon 40x. I have heard great things about the Canon Rebel, though. Do you have Adobe Photoshop 5.0? Its AWESOME for editing photos.

The Patty Cake House

That looks like so much fun!!! Love the pictures

Susieq

Chris has always been good at checking out the best deal. He taught me quite a bit about what to look for in a camera. Now if i could just set my pictures up as well as you do, Heather. You take wonderful pics.

The Cook Clan

Dontcha just love the pumpkin farm...we're going tomorrow =D It's become a Halloween tradition. Congrats on your camera...that is so awesome!! I love your pictures they turned out great!!

Carissa

I haven't got past the automatic setting on my rebel yet (Picasa is my friend). But someday when I'm bored....
Your kids are so grown up and cute!

steph

ha ha ha i think you are great with the camera! i will someday own the same camera, so jealous. i am still trying to talk chris into getting it sooner rather than later. my children will be grown and out of the house if we wait much longer!

~The Dippold's

The pictures turned out great!! I especially love the one in the sunflower field! :)

4everboys

i want that camera, too! that is awesome!!! hey, do they have a corn maze at the aplin farm? chaz has never been to a corn maze so I am trying to find one to take him to....

Duncan Family

we love that place too! thanks for the hair referal.. i heard yours is getting extra curly lately............
i am adding you to my bloggers list!