CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

A True Friend


Jasmine

True Friend and Beloved Pet
October 6, 2002 - June 18, 2009

Isis wouldn't be without her best feline companion!

Halloween 2007



Such a good kitty! She even let Whitney treat her like a baby doll.



Jasmine's favorite past time.





Jasmine's 1st Birthday




Christmas morning 2002


Last night Jasmine went to kitty heaven. Her passing was sudden and unexpected as she would have been 7 in October. I think we are all still in shock. Jasmine was Whitney's cat. Santa delivered her on Christmas morning 2002 and it was love at first sight. Whitney had asked Santa for a kitty that year but not just any kitty. She wanted a white female cat with blue eyes. She even had the name Jasmine all picked out. She never doubted Santa wouldn't deliver her hearts desire because she had been a very good girl that year!


Jasmine was a Ragdoll and the best cat! If you want a cuddly cat then a Ragdoll is the cat for you. She was extremely affectionate and loving. She looked forward to bedtime or snuggle time with her favorite girl. Many a night as I tucked Whitney in Jasmine would be pacing back and forth along side Whitney's bed in anticipation. If Whitney spent the night at a friend's house Jasmine would search the house for her and cry. Finally she would have to settle for Gavin's bed. As I looked through the photos I had the hardest time picking because there are just so many cute shots of them together. Though a lot of them make me laugh because Jasmine's eyes are usually bright red or glowing making her look like an evil kitty. Whitney truly loved this cat and is heartbroken. Please keep her in your prayers.





1

10 comments:

Pepple

Oh NO I am so sorry!! Whit must be so devastated :( She loved Jasmine so much, I am sure she is heart broken. Let her know we are thinking about her and she is definitely in our prayers.

Mindy

Oh I remember that cat! How sad! I am sorry to hear that. Maybe her parents will let her get a new kitty? :)

Shannon

I'm so sorry to hear about Whitney's loss. She'll be in my prayers.

The Phipps

I'm so sorry Whitney. I know that you have great memories of Jasmine.

The Cook Clan

Poor Whitney...that is just sooooo sad, espeically when it's unexpected. What a sweet kitty...a true companion, I'm sure. We'll definitely pray for her and your family.

The Patty Cake House

I had no idea!!! I'm so sorry - I know that this is probably extremely difficult for Whitney. Which makes it hard for mom and dad because it is always hard to see your kids hurting. I am so sorry.

Mary

Sorry about your cat Whitney. It sounds like Jasmine will be missed.

Susieq

Oh, Whitney, I'm so very sorry. I remember when you came out to visit us when jasmine was just a tiny kitty. Your Dad asked if she could stay with us in our apartment. Aunt Angela didn't dare tell your Dad we weren't supposed to have a cat. We hid her very well while you were here. She would sneak into my room and sleep on my pillow because that way the kids couldn't find her. I loved her from that moment on. I know how much you are hurting right now. I am so very, very sorry. She was a very good cat!

Unknown

We are so sorry to hear about Jasmine! It is so hard to loose a pet that you love. She was a big part of your family. It was very hard when we lost our cat Princess. We had had her in our family for 17 years. She was a special cat also. We will be thinking about you!!! Love you!

Jenny Kuhni

OH Whitney! Poor girl. I hope that she is doing better. Let her know that we are think'n of her.