CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

That's Our Boy!!!

Gavin and to his left one of his best buds Sean. They have been in the same class for the past two years now and we used to be neighbors too.


Today we got to go to Gavin's school for an awards assembly! Our main occupation lately. =D Gavin's school is grades PreK-1st and they were giving out Presidential Fitness Awards and Citizenship Awards. To Chris's utter delight Gavin received the Presidential Fitness Award. I cannot convey how thrilling this was for Chris but this little story just might get the point across. Afterwards, Gavin's teacher came up and told us Gavin was reading at a 4th grade level and that she had recommended him to be tested for the Gifted and Talented program next year. (He will be going to Whitney's school next year.) Though I was very proud of him for receiving the Presidential Fitness Award, I was a little more excited about this piece of news. Right as we got home the phone rang, my sister Wendy was calling and when she asked Chris what was up, he happily started burbling about Gavin's fitness award. To Chris's great dismay, she was not aware of what this award meant. No mention of his reading level or recommendation for the GAT program was made. I told him to tell her this piece of news and his response was you can call her later and tell her about that (as I was feeding Landon). Clearly, this was not nearly as exciting to him! This probably isn't too shocking though to anyone who knows Chris.

5 comments:

Susieq

Wow, Gavin. That is so awesome! I am proud of you for all your hard work. And that does sound just like Chris.

Pepple

WTG Gavin! I guess that sounding it out phase for reading didn't last too long? Gorgeous, smart, and athletic, your kids have it all!

My Three Boys

Good Jop Gavin!!! We love and miss you buddy, keep up the good work

malia

haha! i love it! what a talented young man you have!!!

This Idaho Girl

I'm sure Chris will train Gavin for his "bike rides of death" soon enough. I wonder if Chris would qualify for his Presidential Award. I think we should have him tested.