CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sad Story

Our good friends the Pierces moved back to Utah in March. Amazingly, Ashlyn still asks for Natalie and Marcus all the time. She does not comprehend the whole moving idea at all. It is so sad! I would love to be able to read her mind and know what she is thinking. Yesterday I was out doing my visiting teaching and I was driving the route we used to take to go to their house. Ashlyn got sooo excited! She started yelling Natalie, Marcus, YAY! While clapping her hands. As we approached their house she got more and more excited. The thought came to me that if I took her to the door and let her see the new people living there maybe it would help her understand that they don't live here anymore. I knew if I just drove on by she would most probably have a melt down for sure! I felt pretty silly but we knocked at the door and I explained why we were bothering these people. (Yes, the guy did look at me strangely.) Poor Ashlyn went from Christmas morning excitement to a look of utter confusion. I felt downright cruel but I am at a loss as how to help her understand why we can't see them whenever we want. It is times like these that really make me wish for a magic wand.

5 comments:

Susieq

That is so sad. But I'm amazed she still remembers that is how to get to their house. She is such a smart little darling.

Pepple

Poor little thing :( Its so sad when you cant explain things to them.

Joe*Nikki

Poor Ashlyn. She is just to cute.

The Fisher's

She is so cute, I love that you actually went up to the house! I'm sure they thought it was cute, not strange, they're probably telling all their friends now :)

malia

oh man! that is so sad! :(