CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to School!!!


Gavin had his first day as a first grader today. He would've enjoyed a little more summer break and wasn't very chipper this morning. He has also been very uncooperative with my photo taking lately. He complains and avoids it at all costs. Chris had to order him to "let his mother get a picture", as you can see from his very fake smile. I took him to the Children's Place and let him pick out whatever shirt he wanted for the 1st day of school. He actually didn't just grab the first thing but took his time picking one out. This shirt was the winner.


Whitney was in such a hurry to get off to her first day as a 4th grader, that she wasn't very cooperative with my picture taking either! Hence the poor quality of this shot. (I'm considering doing retakes tomorrow, but then they technically won't be 1st day shots. What a dilemma.) She was beyond thrilled to be headed back to school. She got the teacher she wanted and one of her favorite friends is in her class too. What more could you ask for? She was pretty limited on her choice of apparel because of her school's dress code. She had her choice of 6 different colored polo shirts. =)

6 comments:

Carissa

Did you guys move? I don't recognize the area. Yea for back-to-school time, that means the weather's about to get cooler right? Hey will you do me a favor Heather (I noticed you have a link to the Galbraith's blog) will you tell them I'd like to be invited- I'm not sure how to contact them but I'd love to get back in touch. Thanks!

Joe*Nikki

Your kids are just so cute. Happy 1st day of school! :)

The Patty Cake House

They seriously are so cute! I'm so happy you are my neighbor :) - (That totally sounded so Mr. Rogers)

The Fisher's

Congratulations to Ashlyn, I suppose - she has run of the house again, just no one to boss around :)

Pepple

Yay for the first day of school!!! I can't believe how quickly our kiddos are growing up! It seems so early to be starting school, when do they get out?? Wow, I can't believe summer has flown by so quickly!

Hollee

I can't believe it, 1st and 4th grade! It's seems like they were just babies, oh, I feel sad. It sucks we're so far apart. :(