CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Gavin's Splash Bash!!!

Okay, Chris and I freely admit that we live vicariously through our children. We both have December birthdays and we hate it! Gavin is our much anticipated summer baby. We get to plan parties for him with all those fun summer time activities. We surprised him by renting a giant, inflatable water slide. It was awesome! We had a shark theme because Gavin is fascinated by sharks.



Chris literally filled up around 700 water balloons! He had a little help from Dave & I but mostly it was all him. His hands were prune like claws by the time he was done. Our wonderful neighbors the Pattersons let us use their yard because Chris deemed ours "not level enough". They were probably a little worried about all those water balloon fragments in their yard but I'll let you in on a little secret. Give each kid a cheap baggie and offer prizes for who ever picks up the most water balloon pieces. It seriously took them about 5 minutes!


In Gavin's opinion a party is not complete without a pinata. Since we live in brand new housing all we have are baby trees. Chris solved this problem by climbing onto the roof and dangling the shark pinata over the edge. I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture of this (though I did get it on the video cam). I was too busy with crowd control and trying to keep 20 kids from getting brained by the pinata bat. Kids and pinatas are like sharks with a drop of blood, they go into a feeding frenzy at the mere sniff of candy. Oh, yes that is the remains of said shark pinata on Gavin's head. ha,ha.


Left to Right: Jack, Liam, Aaron, Whitney, Lillian, Jessica, Emily, Bethany, Nathanial, Brian, Colton, Riley
First row: AJ, Conner, Sean, Kaden, Gavin, Abby, Aidan
The Birthday Boy!

5 comments:

Joe*Nikki

I wish I were a kid again! Oh, they do charge at the CocaCola Factory. They do give a military discount though, I think it was around...I will have to ask Joe. I will tell you on Sunday. :)

The Patty Cake House

The boys had soooooooo much fun!! Thank you for inviting them!

Kaysha Alesa

Heather you are the nicest Mom. What a cute and fun party.

Pepple

Such an awesome party!!! You are the best mom!

My Three Boys

okay I feel left out once again. No fair!! you guys make it hard to be so far away. It looks like alot of fun. I'll make sure and show Preston and Issac.