CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Christmas of the Matching Jammies!


For me the best part of Christmas this year was our matching Christmas jammies!!! I have a weakness for over the top cuteness. Poor Chris has suffered through a lot of teasing for indulging me in my matching jammies wish. There has been much speculation on exactly how I got Chris to wear these PJ's. Here is the inside scoop on how it all came about! I started my search for jammies at Target where I quickly found these PJ's in all the departments except the mens department. I thought the design was pretty unisex and briefly toyed with the idea of buying Chris a pair from the women's department. Then I came to my senses and decided he would never go for it. I was still pretty excited to have all the kids and I match! I came home bursting to share my find with Chris. After I showed him my mini Christmas miracle he asked where his were. I told him I hadn't got him any because I did not think he would wear them. He then volunteered to wear a pair! He claims that if I had brought him home a pair he would not have worn them. But since I played it so well he felt like a heel for ruining my Christmas fun. Though I think he secretly felt a little left out and wanted to match the rest of the family. Those are women's XXL pajamas he is wearing. What a good sport!

Sleepy little Landon. Santa had Landon's Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Ramp Way all set up and ready to go. Landon was so thrilled with it that he would not open anything else for a couple of hours.
Every year Chris complains because our kids don't wake up in the wee hours of the night demanding to open presents. They will sleep till their regular wake up time. Which I love! I would rather they get a full nights sleep and not be crabby halfway through the day. This year Ashlyn was pretty wound up for Christmas and he had hopes that she would be waking us up this year. Didn't happen. Chris and I were up till 1:30 and he was back up at 4:00 disturbing my rest. They finally woke up around 6:30. Chris is the biggest kid in our family in more ways than one!

Whitney got her Hippo PillowPet!!!

Landon was absolutely adorable for Christmas. On Christmas Eve he belly flopped onto this pillow I got for Chris and busted it open for him. How he knew it would be soft is still a mystery to me. It was almost like he knew what it was. (A pillow might seem like a kind of lame gift but this was a special cool zone pillow that is supposed to stay cool. Chris has problems sleeping and loves a cold pillow!)

Mr. Cheesy! I love it cause whenever I pull out the camera lately he starts saying cheese and giving me this big cheesy smile!

Gavin got this super cool RC helicopter.

First thing Landon grabbed his sword and starting beating Gavin about the head. The cats love wrapping paper and are always right in the thick of things on birthdays and Christmas.

Ashlyn had been dying to open this present from Grandpa and Grandma Tobler for about a week prior to Christmas. There were many small tears where I'm pretty sure she was trying to peak. This was the first gift she opened on Christmas morning and she was not disappointed.
Flynn does not like to wear his shirt. He likes to show his muscles.


Chris's favorite part of Christmas - putting the toys together! Actually there weren't too many that need assembling this year. Landon was his super helpful helper.


Whitney spent most of the morning just like this on her new cell phone.

Santa had his work cut out for him this year with Gavin. This game was one of the very few things he asked for.

Landon loved this one as much as I thought he would.

Ashlyn finally got some make up for Christmas. She said, "Now I won't have to use Heather's make up!"

3 comments:

The Patty Cake House

Looks like everyone made it pretty good!!! :)

Mary

Love that pj's story! That is classic. And I love how you pulled it off.

Mindy

Love your matching jammies! So glad Chris cooperated so you could have your dream. :) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!