CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend 2010

The little kids table. I think Ashlyn, Zoee, Rocky and Zaylee ate a whole loaf of bread dabbed in olive oil and herbs all by themselves.


This year's Thanksgiving was very special for me. I had not shared a Thanksgiving meal with my parents of siblings since 1995. We traveled to Las Vegas where my siblings shared their homes with all six of us Weavers. It was a bit of tight squeeze but totally worth it! I had never traveled over Thanksgiving weekend before. I now know for myself that it is indeed the busiest travel days of the year! Every time we stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom we had to wait in a long line. We were all excited to use the newly opened Hoover Dam Bypass but you can't even tell you are on a bridge or see anything. Gavin, in particular, was very disappointed. It did shave a good half hour off our trip though which was a major plus!

Chris was contending for the Best Husband of the Year while we were in Vegas. He thought to take this photo for me all by himself. Watched all 8 kids so the sisters could go out to lunch. And did a large portion of the cooking.

Me with Zoee and Ashlyn at the park.

All the cousins. Heidi, Chris and I took all 8 kiddos to see Tangled. It was a cute movie!

Hollee and Chris putting their culinary skills to work. Hollee makes the best pie crusts and baked up 12 pies!
Chris had the great idea to let the kids decorate our plastic tablecloths. They love doing it too!



The cousins did a early Christmas gift exchange. Rocky got this Hot Wheels toy and Landon wanted it! I think Santa will be bringing him one of his own come Christmas. :)

Landon was working on another ear infection and all he ate/drank was some of Chris's sludge (punch). All the kids were high on sugar after drinking many cupfuls.

Chris and Carlos showing off.

Ashlyn, Zaylee and Whitney working their top model poses.

1 comments:

The Cook Clan

Hey that's pretty cool! We went to Vegas for Thanksgiving this year too! It was cold, wasn't it? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! BTW, you look fantastic!! Love your hair! =)