CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spelling Bee Dreams Go Up In Flames

Every year since Whitney was in the third grade she has won her class spelling bee. The school bee is between 3rd-6th graders so naturally the older kids have an edge on winning. Each year she has come closer to winning and I really thought this would be her year to win. Nope, she went out on campaign! I was not expecting her to miss that word after last year's campaigning campaign for student body treasurer. She has a tendency to talk too fast and I think that is what happened because she said C-A-M-P-I and she immediately knew she'd messed up. I like how the microphone is way too low. :)
After that she was able to sit back and cheer on her boyfriend Triston. He is the boy seated directly behind her (wearing the black tee and shorts) in the photo. I appreciated the fact that his eyes were always anywhere but on her behind when she was spelling. He ended up taking second place in the bee. It sounds like Whitney and Triston have a lot in common. They are both Mormon, both are oldest kids, both like to draw and they are both brainy. :)

0 comments: