CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Old Man

I have always found it extremely fitting that the life of the party was born on the biggest party day of the year - New Year's Eve! Chris has reached a point in life where he no longer enjoys his birthday. He wants to pretend that it is not his birthday. Back in November I mentioned turning 35 soon and he flipped out. He had fooled himself into believing that he was only 33. I had to make him do the math. It was a sad moment for him. He spent the first half of his day working out and running. Then he went to see Tron at the IMAX theater with our two oldest kids and the Neely boys.
I had asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he informed me that he would be making himself a carrot cake without raisins. Since he knew our picky eaters would not eat carrot cake and he really did not want to share his carrot cake he got them a chocolate cake. I thought it might make him feel better if I put 32 numeral candles and then added three normal candles to equal 35. ;) We ended the night at our friends New Year's Eve party.

Crazy faces!


This is the carrot cake he made for himself from scratch. It was really good!!! It just needed some raisins and it would have been the best carrot cake I have ever had.


2 comments:

Elizabeth

Sounds like a fun birthday. If we could all look as young and healthy as Chris I would be announcing to everyone how hold I am. The cake looks so good.

Mary

Carrot cake is my favorite (prefer without raisins). The description of his reaction to getting older makes me laugh.