CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Landon at 8 Months

I never realize how huge he is until I see someone else holding him! Ashlyn wanted to feed him but it only lasted a few minutes. He is so wildly active and strong she cannot contain him.
Landon is 8 1/2 months and I am just now getting around to posting about it. I am beginning to despair of ever catching up on my blogging. From 7 to 8 months had a lot of exciting firsts. He started saying his first word which is Mama! Good boy Landon! He also met a lot of his extended family for the first time. I have begun to wonder what the earliest diagnosis is for hyperactivity? Landon has taken fighting sleep to a new level. He has started eating just enough to take the edge off (around 4 oz) but not enough to really feel full and thus give in to sleep. He also flails and kicks around like a wild animal in his efforts to stay awake. This actually causes people to stare and ask what is wrong with him. On the positive side it is a nice workout for me. He will be utterly exhausted but will pop up like a demented jack-in-the-box right as you think he has lost the fight. He tries to drink his bottle while sitting up which does not work very well at all. He surely has Chris's high energy level. I have had to start just laying him down in his crib and letting him cry for a few minutes. I hate hearing him scream even though I know it is just for a few minutes.
This shot makes me laugh. He looks like he is standing up with some contraption stuck to his back but he really is sitting.

This was a mini miracle. He actually fell sleep in John's arms while at the bowling alley!!! And he stayed that way for a good 40 minutes!!! He never sleeps in our arms or in such a stimulating environment. Whitney and Gavin wouldn't either. Though I have wondered if it is because Chris is too high energy and I am too high anxiety. =D

Landon with Aunt Heidi

Grandpa Glen and Landon Glen

He actually gave Grandma Michele is first kisses! They were open mouthed and slobbery but he gave it the old college try.

3 comments:

The Cook Clan

Landon is such a cutie pie!!

Susieq

Way to go Landon. But I have to say I'm a little jealous of Grandma Michele. LOL

Elizabeth

What a cute baby! I can't believe how fast these 09 babies are growing. I have to let Abbie cry it out too. It isn't easy on the mom's nerves is it?! I love seeing him in the stroller. Too cute!