CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Beach Photos

On October 16th we went down to the beach so I could torture my children with picture taking yet again. I literally took hundreds of pictures so it took me awhile to look through them all and do a little editing. I am intrigued with light. How it has different qualities in different places and times of the days. I love the light at the beach especially at sunrise and sunset. I know I'm not alone on that one. One of my dreams, is to take some photography classes someday. If I had to sum up why I love photography so much it would probably be because of the possibilities. The possibility of capturing a moment in time, the possibility of capturing perfection, the possibility of conveying a feeling without the use of words.
The above picture is probably my favorite picture of the entire day. Why? Because it captures all three of my aforementioned qualities. I love the perfection of the tiny shell, right in the middle of Whitney's perfect hand. She came up to me and said, "Look Mom!" And I snapped the shot. It was effortless which is the best! To me it captures the wonderment of childhood.
Here I was trying to position myself and Landon so that his head was blocking the setting sun.


I have often thought that the key to being photogenic is the ability to feel natural and relaxed in front of the camera. Whitney and Gavin are great that way. They just naturally strike fun and perfect poses for me. =)

I get really annoyed sometimes with Whitney's glasses because they reflect light and I feel like they hide her face. Understandably she hates to be without them because she cannot see a thing and then she ends up squinting. We will probably get her contacts in the next couple of years.










Favorites of Ashlyn (Click on collages to view full sized.)



Favorites of Gavin


Favorites of Whitney


Favorites of Landon

9 comments:

Susieq

Now how do I go about getting copies of those pictures? Heather, you are worth every penny that camera costs. A good camera helps, but I think photography is so much more than the camera. You just have an eye to take those pictures. I get online every day hoping to see new pictures of your beautiful family. Now if you could just teach Chris a little so you could be in more pictures.

Joe*Nikki

You have talent girl! Just Beautiful!

The Cook Clan

Heather!! The pictures are all so incredible!! I just love beach pictures!! You've got some great talent!! I especially love the one with Whitney hugging Gavin.

The Patty Cake House

Cute pictures!!! :)

Pepple

You did a fantastic job! I love beach pictures! :)

Carissa

SO CUTE!! I would love to take a photography class someday too. Of course, there's so much info on the internet we could probably teach ourselves if we were motivated enough.

My favorite is the one of whitney and chris looking down.

Mindy

YOu have such a beatiful family! Love all the pictures, I wish we would have taken more pictures of the beach before we left.

The Phipps

Those pictures are WONDERFUL!!!! You have a great talent for photography!!!! I love them!

Jenny Kuhni

Ah man! I really miss you guys! I hope hope hope to be stationed at the same place again!!! And tell Whitney glasses or not she's a cutie pie!