CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ashyln Turns Four

4 years old
3 years old

2 years old

1 year old

6 months old

3 months old

5 days old




Monday was Ashlyn's 4th Birthday. Every year on my children's birthdays I think about the day they were born and marvel at the time that has passed and the blessings they are to me. All of my children are special to me in their own unique way. On Ashlyn's birthday I can't help but feel a little extra thankful that we have had her in our family for four years. When she was born we really did not know how long she would live or if she did what kind of life she would have. Before that I always thought I was aware that there are no guarantees in life. I had suffered some pretty big heart breaks in life already and knew life was not always roses and rainbows. I learned anew that there is a big difference between what you know and what you feel. Those first few months of life were pretty rough but I learned some valuable lessons. I am grateful to have the oppurtunity to be Ashlyn's Mommy. From day 1 Ashlyn has been full of surprises and has kept us on our toes! I never know what to expect from this girlie. One thing is for sure life will never be boring with her around!