CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Landon's Blessing Day






On July 5, 2009, Landon Glen Weaver, was officially given a name and a blessing by his Father. Chaz Allen, Steven Kuhni, Brian Jenne, David Patterson and Bishop Sean Magonigal were the priesthood holders Chris asked to stand in the circle with him. A few of the things said were that Landon would be a "strong warrior for his Heavenly Father in His gospel" and that he would "loudly proclaim his love for the gospel always". We are so grateful to have such a special spirit as a part of our family. I often feel overwhelmed and awed by the four precious spirits Heavenly Father has entrusted into our care. There is nothing like a new baby. I am always struck anew by how many people of all ages and walks of life seem to be irresistibly drawn to new babies. I have often pondered on why that is. The best I can come up with is because they are so pure and clean and fresh from our Heavenly Father's care. I would love to hear others thoughts on this subject.

8 comments:

Shannon

I agree, people are always drawn to babies. I think it's because of their innocence.

Mindy

I also agree, babies are so innocent and cute and cuddly, and most of the time they seem to love you :) No wonder I adopted like twenty babies while I was at Fort Rucker. Landon is so cute and I wish we could meet him. (also so I could adopt another baby) ha ha

Katie Webb

What a great day. You all look so great. Landon is a beutiful baby! I think people are drawn to babies because partly because of the fact that they have recently left the presence of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Who wouldn't be drawn to something who still emulates that purity and love. Personally, I feel like I'm drawn to children because they are still worthy to be in the presence of God and I want to be also. We can learn so much from their innocence and the pure love they show to everyone around them.

The Patty Cake House

The pictures turned out great - of all of you!!! :) I loved Landons blessing outfit. He is such a beautiful little baby.

Kendra

What a beautiful family you and Chris have. A new addition to the family is always a wonderful blessing.

The Fisher's

He's getting so big! He looks so sweet all sleepy, my favorite look is sleepy I think ;) People are drwn to little things it seems. Like anything in the store is always cuter in a smaller size, clothes, shoes, etc. Babies are the same - they are just too cute, especially that little guy of yours!

This Idaho Girl

I think babies, and children in general, have a light in their eyes. I loved Landon's little man bonnet. Chris gave a beautiful blessing.

~The Dippold's

Landon is such a cute baby!! Its sad that we never get to see you guys anymore. Who would have known the ward splitting would have made such a difference. I am glad we are still able to keep up on here. :) I love Landon's name . . . I actually already have it in my list of possible baby names. Ha! Ha! I know I am silly. You have such a wonderful family! Congrats! :)