CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How Low Can I Go???

I have been avoiding a trip to the grocery store for awhile now but this morning I realized I had hit an all time personal low. Whitney and Gavin are in a summer enrichment program at their school. They are supposed to bring some kind of a dry snack each day. We were literally down to one bag of microwave popcorn which I intended to pop and put in plastic baggies for their snack. That is until I burnt it to a crisp! As I frantically searched the cupboards in hope of finding some forgotten item, I was forced to realize that dry cereal was about all there was. I called them into the kitchen and asked them what kind of dry cereal did they want to take? This question got me some funny looks. Whitney opted to take croutons (Yes, croutons!!! She loves them!) for her snack and Gavin chose some Pops cereal. How embarrassing is that? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their teachers don't notice. I actually had been planning a trip to the grocery store today but now it has moved to top priority!

We also discovered this week that Gavin went to school "commando" style. Chris had taken him to have his new suit tailored and that is how we found out. He absolutely refused to take his shorts off and put on the suit pants. I can't say I blame him! He said he didn't have any clean underwear in his drawer so rather than saying anything he just went without! Now in my defense there were clean underwear folded and clean in my room. They just hadn't been put away yet. He has often rummaged through the clean clothes that have not yet been put away in search of a favorite shirt. I guess underwear just doesn't garner the effort that favorite shirts do. I was actually pretty shocked that he did that because he is naturally modest and proper in most regards. Chris has been teasing him unmercifully about it ever since. Chris (bless his heart!) actually didn't believe him about not having clean underwear in his drawer and bet him $10 dollars that he did. Gavin got pretty excited thinking he had just scored an easy 10 bucks! In the meantime I had put clean underwear in his drawer causing him to burst into tears in defeat. Then I had to step up and admit that indeed it had been empty only hours before causing my husband's opinion of me to drop considerably.

4 comments:

Christy

You made me laugh out loud. -rare-
Thanks for sharing. Totally been there.

Shannon

This is so funny! I was laughing so hard! Not sure which is funnier, the fact that Gavin went commando or that Whitney took crutons for her snack! ha!

The Cook Clan

What a great post...so, so funny!! Cracks me up that he'd just go without underwear...my kids would probably just put on the pair they'd worn the day before...Yikes!! :) I actually didn't think dry cereal was THAT bad of a snack...now croutons might get some looks :)

Mary

I'm so glad we're not the only ones with laundry problems...