CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Whitney's Letter to the Elves

A little background before you read Whitney's letter. About a week before Thanksgiving while I was out shopping, and Chris was in charge, Whitney and Gavin decided to play rock shop on our new table. They brought in a bunch of rocks and dragged them all over the table making deep scratches. Now we'd just gotten this table in August with the plan of never buying a table again, so we were pretty upset. He has since sanded the table and is in the process of restaining and finishing it. Yesterday Whitney came home from school with the following letter. I have re-typed it exactly as she wrote it.

Dear South Pole Elves,

I'd like to give my parents a gift. They've both been very kind and good. My mom cleans our house, picked up someone's wife from the airport when he couldn't, takes care of her 3 1/2 kids (she's pregnant), and makes a cake for everyone in my family's birthday except hers. My dad serves our country, helped our friends the Kattelmans when their house flooded with sewage, takes care of his kids too, and brings in money for food and other necessities.

Before I describe the table I'd like to give them, I'd like to share why I want them to get it. My brother and I recently ruined my mom's new table. My dad loves having people over so he'd have room for people to eat with us. I'd like to give them a new table with stained parawood, 14 seats, a leaf in the middle to make it bigger and smaller, straight legs, and a flat top. Please send it to them.

From,
Whitney Weaver

5 comments:

Mindy

First off, what a cute letter! Second, oh my goodness about your table. That table is so nice and I couldn't imagine what you must have felt when you saw the scratches. Good thing you are very "kind and good" :)

Susieq

Wow, pretty smart girl. I hope the newly refinished table looks good, but it sounds like she's very sorry.

Brett and Diane

What a precious letter for her to write and then for you to find and read. Whitney is such a cute girl, I'd hold on to her if I was you.

The Cook Clan

What a sweet girl...so thoughtful...hope your table turns out as good as before =)

Jenny Kuhni

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever. That Whitney, she's a keeper. :) I love that it was NOT written to Santa but to his elves, who, as we all know, do all the work. :) She is such a doll!