CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Visit with Santa

It took quite a bit of coaxing for Santa to convince Whitney to sit on his knee. She takes after her parents and looks older than she is. =) Even though she is only 9 she looks more like she's 12. When Santa asked her what she wanted for Christmas she said "surprise me". Last year she reached the point where she wanted to believe in Santa but she just couldn't swallow it anymore.
I'm still mad at Chris because I asked him to videotape and he didn't. Gavin was the first one to visit with Santa and after they got past the preliminaries of his name and what he wanted for Christmas, Santa asked him if he had any brothers or sisters. Gavin said, he had two sisters. Then Santa asked him if he had been nice to them this past year. Gavin's face was priceless. It did this slow slide into Oh, crap and then absolute panic. Santa never did get an answer to that question. I guess Gavin figured pleading the 5th was his best bet on that one. Really though I have to say he is a pretty exceptional brother, he doesn't have anything to be worried about.

I really thought this would be the year that Ashlyn would happily sit on Santa's lap. Though she was excited to see him from a distance she did not want to sit on his lap. She loves the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and gets so excited when she hears it. She starts shrieking YES! YES! Santa Claus is coming to town! And is even starting to sing along to the chorus. Chris had to slowly ease her on over to him. This photo makes me laugh because she looks like she's doing Santa an unwilling favor by sitting on his lap. She did say thank you though when he gave her a candy cane.


5 comments:

Joe*Nikki

Love the pictures!!

Duncan Family

they all look great with Santa!

The Patty Cake House

I love Ashlyn and her faces - she is like "why do I have to sit on this big hairy man?" :O)

Pepple

So adorable! Ashlyn's face is priceless! I think this will be Victoria's last year of kind of thinkig Santa might be real. Lola surprised me this year and is all over Santa. We waited in lines multiple times on Saturday because she couldn't get enough.

Brett and Diane

Oh how fun. I'm excited to see what Jaxson's reaction is to Santa. Santa's paying a visit to David and Danielle’s house this next Sunday. I love your story about Gavin and Santa.