CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The things we do for our kids...








Whitney & Jasmine's first night together.







Whitney's beloved cat Jasmine gave Chris and I quite the scare last night. Whitney found her on her bed in a huge puddle of bloody pee! "Santa" brought Whitney the cat of her dreams for Christmas in 2002. Whitney loves, loves, loves this cat! Ever since we have lived in fear that something would happen to the cat. We also had the joy of giving the cat a bath since she was soaked in her own urine. Take it from me, not a fun experience. Of course, these things always happen on Saturday nights when no vet is working! Thankfully, we finally got ahold of a vet in Ozark and he said she most probably had a really bad bladder infection. He told us to bring her in this morning and he would take a look at her. Bless his heart, he didn't even charge us the $100.00 emergency rate, just the normal $30.00 visit rate. Though I'm pretty sure Chris was working his magic on him. The vet said she can't eat dry cat food anymore because a small per centage of cats develop crystals in thier urine from dry cat food. Who knew? Of course, Chris had just bought her a 20 pound bag of fancy cat food. Anyone in need of cat food? From here on out she will only be dining on Fancy Feast served in a crystal wine glass. Seriously, the things we do for our kids!


1. Live with a cat even though you are highly allergic.


2. Live with a litter box. Yuck! Because you can't take the chance the cat will go outside and run away or get hit by a car.


3. Deal with a flea ridden cat even though the cat never goes outside. FYI down here in Alabama your indoor pets can get fleas because people carry them in on thier shoes ect. Learned that one the hard way last summer.


4. Travel across the country with cat in the van. I don't reccommend it.


5. Spend the entire day printing and posting lost posters around nieghborhood when cat decides to play hide and seek but doesn't let you know your "it".


6. Hold a birthday party every year for said cat's birthday complete with cake and gifts.

4 comments:

~The Dippold's

That cat is so fat and fluffy! I am allergic to cats too; but I liked them when I was younger so my wonderful parents let me get a cat; needless to say it is still in Idaho with my parents and NO, it does not like my husband. :) He! He!

Katie Webb

WOW!! I so look forward to having those times with Morgan...I think. Poor kiddy though. I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious.

Melissa & Jimmy

You really are the best mom ever. I loved the part about the birthday party, made me smile. How fun. Hope the cat is feeling much better.

malia

OH so sweet! Yeah! Pets are complicated! I'm glad that she is better though. That would have been so sad. Whit and the kitty look so cute together! :)