CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

My poor Handsome Mansome...


This helmet is only 6 months old and WAS in pretty much pristine condition. The photo doesn't really do it justice. Needless to say he will be needing a new bicycle helmet. After Chris got into cycling he found out all about helmets and bought both kids really good helmets. (He says most helmets for kids are worthless.) Feel free to ask him for his advice on what to look for. There is nothing he likes better than sharing his opinion with others. =)





We spent last night in the ER with Gavin after he had a fight with the road. Poor little guy was racing his sister on his bike down a hill when he lost control and flew over his handlebars and did a face plant. We were out for a family walk and the kids had gone around the corner ahead of us. When Whitney came racing back yelling Gavin was hurt and bleeding everywhere. That minute or two seemed liked forever as we raced down to him, wondering what we would find. These pictures just break my heart! He is drugged up on Lortab in these shots. Then we had the joy of giving him a shower and scrubbing all his road rash. His two front teeth are not looking good and his poor lip is so swollen, it hurts me just to look at it. But thankfully he was wearing his helmet and things would be so much worse if he hadn't been. A big thank you to the Patterson family for watching Whitney & Ashlyn while we rushed to the ER. We owe you guys! There is nothing worse than seeing your child hurt and in pain.




8 comments:

My Three Boys

I hope you are okay Gavin - Preston
I will give my whale to you so you feel better - Isaac
That just makes me want to cry! Give him a hug from me - Nat

Katie Webb

Poor guy! We heard what happened from the Tarbets. I'm glad he had his helmet on!

The Patty Cake House

Don't even say thank you - we were happy, happy, happy to do it!!!!

Mindy

Oh my goodness! I hope he is doing ok now and not in too much pain. Geez!

steph

heather i am typing this crying. i have been thinking about you guys all day. please let us know what we can do if there is anything. give gavin our love. you are all in our prayers!

Susieq

Oh, please tell Gavin I am so sorry. And when he gets better give up a big hug for me. It's been quite a week for all of us, hasn't it.

Clan Andreasen

What a sad experience. My heart goes out to all of you. Let us know if you need anything.

Kaysha Alesa

How sad! Now I wonder if my helmets are no good. We go on bike rides all the time! Better look into that. Chris, waht's a good helmet? Heather, so fun you know about the Virgin River. We call it Poo River.. It's a blast. :)