CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back to the ER

About an hour after I typed up that post on Gavin, I took him in to see our dentist. As we were walking in he said "I think I'm going to throw up". Awesome little guy that he is, he made it to the bathroom but threw up very violently. Plus he seemed uncoordinated and slow witted. The good news was that the dentist said he didn't have any permanent damage and it looked worse than it really was. Then we went back to the ER where they did a CAT scan on Gavin's head. Everything looked good but he does have a concussion. It makes me sick to think about what situation we would be in if he hadn't had his helmet on though. The Patterson's came to the rescue once again and watched Whitney & Ashlyn for us. I think Ashlyn was probably starting to think Emilie was her new Mom! The doctors were amazed because Gavin was not in pain. We give credit to the blessing Chris & Chris Tarbet gave him the night before. (Thanks Tarbet family, we love you!) He was in a lot of pain and very upset until he got his blessing. After that he was very calm and when the doctors would ask him what hurt he would say nothing. The worst part is that twice a day we have to shower him and scrub his road rash. This does make him sob and scream in pain. My wonderful husband refuses to have me do this to him. He said "he doesn't want me to have to do that to him, because he knows it would break my heart". I feel guilty that he has to do that to him but also very grateful. I told him that was one of the sweetest things he's ever done for me.

2 comments:

Carissa

Poor Gavin! I hope he feels better soon. The worst part about having kids is seeing them get hurt, I hate it.

Rachel

hey I hope you don't mind that I hopped over onto your blog from the Pierces! I can't believe Gavin had such a bad crash and burn! Poor guy...Poor Mom too Talk about a mom's nightmare. Good thing Chris insisted on the cadillac version of helmet! (He's just like my hubby) Scary to have to go back too.
Good to see what you guys are up to. If you want to stop by our blog...its: http://helicopterhair.blogspot.com
take care. Rachel Budge