CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grey Wolves




While Whitney was playing soccer, Gavin was playing baseball. Their games were usually at the same time in different locations. Chris and I took turns going to their games. Saturday mornings were busy to say the least!
Gavin's team was the Grey Wolves. His coach, Marc Somerset was awesome! This was Gavin's first season where a player was actually pitching instead of the pitching machine. Gavin has always been slow to warm up to new things.
Gavin takes after his Mom and struggles with anxiety. His pitching coach said he had never seen a kid over think something so much. Is it possible to want something too much? I found myself wondering about that a lot throughout the season. He wanted so badly to do well. More often than not when he would get up to bat he would get extremely nervous and anxious. It was really painful & hard for me to watch him struggle with this problem. I know it is something that he needs to learn to cope with though. His coach gave him the Churchill award for never giving up. I am so proud of him for continuing to try his best!

0 comments: