CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

First Helicopter Ride

On Saturday, Chris treated Whitney, Gavin and I to our first helicopter ride! Ashlyn was not old enough and thankfully did not want to go. Chris has been a pilot for over 8 years now and it was fun to get a small taste of what he does everyday. I have always been curious about what it was like. It kinda reminded me of riding a motorcycle. Same vibrations, very loud and wind whipping your hair every which way! Whitney and I agreed to let Gavin have the front seat since he was probably the most excited out of the three of us. I just wished I could have seen his face while we were flying. It was about a 10 minute ride around Ft. Rucker. Whitney was a little scared when we first took off and held my hand the whole ride. Since there were no doors on this helicopter it was a little freaky to know the only thing keeping you inside was your seat belt. I double and triple checked to make sure our seat belts were secure!

Getting ready to land.

Gavin didn't stop smiling all day long!!!

8 comments:

Susieq

Was Chris flying it? I remember going on a helicopter ride with Troy, Nick and Spencer in Mesquite once. It was soo much fun. Maybe someday Chris can buy a helicopter and take us all for rides when we come visit.

The Cook Clan

How fun!!! Especially when it's your husband/Dad flying!! That is really cool that you all got to do that...I'm jealous=)

Heather

Chris was not flying the helicopter. Maybe someday!

Pepple

How fun! I would've been a nervous wreck with the no doors. Looks like everyone had a great time! I bet Gavin won't forget being able to ride in the front seat anytime soon.

Brett and Diane

That sounds so fun although I probably would have had a heart attack over the no doors. So does Gavin want to follow his dad’s footsteps and fly helicopters in the future?

The Patty Cake House

That looks like lots of fun!!!! What a great opportunity!! :)

Shannon

How exciting! Wish I could have seen your face!!

malia

oh how fun!!!!! i love that you got to go! when Chris is flying, i want to come for a ride!!!! :) love you guys!