CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Craving



I uploaded these pictures in reverse order but I'm too lazy to start over. Here's Ashlyn enjoying the best part of baking - the clean up!


Whoopsie!! Look closely, notice the oats that are spilt everywhere. Such a big help.


Mommy's Little Helper. The first photo I took because she just looked so cute. That chair is her best friend and my worst enemy.
Whitney was giving me grief the other day about how I needed to post something new on my blog. She loves reading my blog and finds me sooo amusing! She laughs and laughs and even likes to revisit old favorites. I know this won't always be the case so I have to enjoy it while I can. =) Not much of interest going on hence this cookie post.

Yesterday, after intense deliberations on my part, I decided to make oatmeal raisin cookies just for me since I have been craving them for quite some time. My kids won't eat them and Chris is on a particularly strong health nut kick so I have to hide them from him or suffer through yet another "are you trying to make me fat" lecture. Last time I made them he made a healthy version that tasted like cardboard and I was forced to sample them. And I really didn't want Whitney and Gavin to know or I would have to hear them complain about why I didn't make chocolate chip. Sheesh! The twisted mind games I have to go through just for a cookie. Though I did give some away to my neighbors so they won't all be going straight to my behind. If anyone has a great recipe, I would love to have it. I don't make them very often so I just try a different recipe every time but have yet to find one I love.






7 comments:

The Phipps

So cute! And that makes me want cookies!! Are you trying to make me fatter?!!! Just kidding!

The Cook Clan

You're so funny!! Good for you for making yourself some cookies :) My favorite oatmeal raisin recipe is the one on the Quaker Oats canister lid...nothing fancy. I've always wanted to try one of the "loaded oatmeal cookie" recipes but never have. Now I'm going to have to go bake. :0

Susieq

Ask Chris is he remembers the door knob oatmeal cookies I made. It was his birthday (second grade, i think) and I made oatmeal cookies. Well, I don't know what I did wrong, but they are hard as a rock. So I ran to the store and got some from the bakery. A few weeks later Chris had to make cookies for scouts to pass off something. He used the recipe in the Cub Scout book, and they were the best oatmeal raisin cookies I've ever had. Of course, he was soooo proud of himself. I've used that recipe ever since.

Brett and Diane

Ashlyn looks like quit the helper. One of my favorite yummy things to have right now when I want to be "bad" is to bake an oatmeal cookie but you under bake it just a little bit get it straight out of the oven put some vanilla ice cream on it and drizzle chocolate and/or caramel. I can eat the whole batch of cookies that way. I’m too lazy to make the cookie dough from scratch but I love the Kroger Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.

Pepple

Good for you making cookies! We all love oatmeal raisin cookies. So yummy! Ashlyn looks too cute helping you out too. This is my fav cookie recipe. They stay nice and chewy, which I love.
http://www.recipezaar.com/Oatmeal-Raisin-Cookies-35813

The Patty Cake House

I think your neighbor LOVES it when you make cookies! :O) They were so yummy!!!!!!!

Joe*Nikki

I love oatmeal cookies!! I think I will make some too. ;)