CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Little Question Mark




Whitney has taken to referring to the baby as Little Question Mark as we are still nowhere near to choosing a name for this little guy. Gavin votes for Bear, in honor of Bear Grylls of Man vs. Wild on the Discovery channel. My main worry with this is that we would have a nudist on our hands. As anyone who has seen the show knows, Bear seems to have a hard time keeping his clothes on. =D Whitney votes for Zachary, she says if we don't use it she will someday. This one is actually a pretty solid choice. And Ashlyn likes Jesus. Hmm...Jesus Weaver...uh, no. Somehow it just seems sacrilegious to name your child Jesus not to mention pretty daunting for a child to live up to. Meanwhile Chris and I keep hoping for a lightning bolt of inspiration but so far it has yet to strike.
I am 29 weeks along now so only 10 more weeks to go! (My doctor has already said we will go ahead and do the c-section at 39 weeks, so he should be arriving around May 14th.) I had a high definition ultrasound yesterday because they wanted to get a really good look at his heart since Ashlyn was born with a bicuspid aortic valve. Dr. Dobak pronounced his heart "gorgeous" though so no worries there. This was my second high definition ultrasound during this pregnancy and they are so much clearer, its amazing! His face was so clear and we could even see the individual hairs sticking up on his head. In the past I've just had the routine ultrasounds, no 3D's either so I was pretty impressed. The technician said he is weighing in at 3 lbs. 1 oz. All my babies have been very active but I think he takes the prize for the strongest.
A couple of weeks ago we finally started buying baby gear and I think this has really made the whole thing seem more real to Ashlyn and Gavin. Ashlyn loves to carry around an outfit or put a stuffed animal in his swing and push it. Or basically just fiddle around with all the baby stuff. She informed me that she wants her baby brother NOW! I think she honestly expected me to hand him over that instant and was pretty disappointed when he wasn't immediately produced for her enjoyment. Gavin keeps asking how much longer and talking about feeding him his bottle. (He loved to snuggle Ashlyn and feed her a bottle when she was a baby.) Chris is obsessed with finding the perfect crib bedding and is torn between the age old battle of price vs. the bedding of his dreams. With the added catch of matching Gavin's bedding with it. He has literally spent hours online searching.

12 comments:

Joe*Nikki

Oh, your little guy is so cute! I can't believe you can see his little hair. How cute! And you my dear, look GREAT! So skinny with a baby belly.

Susieq

I looked that picture over very carefully before I read your blog, and I thought "that looks like hair on his head." Wow, that is amazing that you can actually see hairs. And of course, he is going to be absolutely gorgeous and thoroughly spoiled. I can't wait.

The Phipps

I agree you look great!!!! Good luck with the name:) We love to watch man vs. wild! You have a great family by the way!!!!

The Patty Cake House

Seriously - your stomach is shrinking I swear!!!!! If only I could look as good pregnant as you do!!! :O)

Pistolmom

www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
LDS view
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com
Secular view

Brett and Diane

You look so great! There was a teacher that once told me that she had a student name Jesus and she said it was just so bizarre to call out to him such as, "Jesus stop running in the hall." =) I'm glad to hear that his heart is "gorgeous" that will be so relieving and comforting as you move forward to his arrival.

Pepple

You look great! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! I think those last few weeks leading up to the baby are so fun! A friend of mine just showed me a book that is a lot of fun. Its called "The secret Universe of Names". You should be able to get it at the library. It was pretty spot on for Chris and I so its been fun to look for baby names (no we aren't preggers) in there. I thought about you and your love for baby names while reading it.

The Cook Clan

What a great ultrasound picture!! And I agree with all the other comments...you look fantastic!! I'd be a big huge blimp already if it were me =D You've done really good!!

I like the name Zachary too =) Cute little boys name but also a cool grown up name.

Good luck!

malia

that is so awesome. glad to hear that things are going well. I can't believe that you will have the baby in May! So close. and i think it is so cute how your kids are lobbying for names! Love it. :) congrats and hope you stay well. love you.

My Three Boys

I am voting for Nathan because it is the closest thing to natalie Ha Ha. I really like Zachary I have to vote with Whit. I have to say I am glad to hear that Henry is out of the running. It is isn't it!!! Or am I sticking my foot in my mouth. Oh yeah and it is not fair to get skinnier when you are pregnant. You look beautiful. Love ya

Jenny Kuhni

What about Steve or Jenn...don? :) I am so excited for you guys. Another Weaver kid is pretty much awesome news in itself. :) An that kid is gonna have the cutest bedding ever. :) (wink wink)

Benjamin and Jennie

it's so fun preparing for a little one to come into this world.... I can't wait to see the little guy and what you decide on naming him. good luck with everything!!