CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tough Love Part 2

I'm A Big Girl! (Finally!!!!)



These poses are all Ashlyn! I told her I wanted to take a photo of her in her big girl panties and these are a couple of the poses she struck for me. I guess she wanted to make sure I got her best side. =D



All in all, Operation Potty Training Ashlyn has gone better than I dared to hope. Early last week we made the switch to big girl panties, as instructed by Dr. Whitacker. I guess he knows a thing or two after all. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about this plan and a lot worried about a pee and poop covered house. The first couple of days we had about 2 accidents a day. She seemed to struggle more with pooping on the potty but I think that is because her doctor had her on a laxative for constipation. Then we had about 3 completely accident free days. On Sunday I was daring to believe that we might actually be out of the woods.
On Monday when I took the picture of her double jointed knees, I was thinking I would also point out her wearing her big girl panties and break the fantabulous news. Shortly after taking this picture I had to take Whitney to the doctor while Ashlyn stayed home with her doting Daddy. About 30 minutes later I get a hysterical call from Chris informing me that she had peed and pooped on the kitchen floor. He was NOT a happy camper. I have to admit I was secretly laughing inside and glad this happened on his watch. I wanted to point out that the kitchen floor was at least an ideal location for such a disaster, but I decided that would be unwise and held my tongue. About an hour later I answer my phone to the greeting of "WHEN WILL YOU BE HOME?!?!" This time she peed on the living room floor. He put her to bed. And took away her newest prized possessions, her stuffed dolphin and Minnie Mouse baby. He was pretty happy to be headed off to work that night where he knew he would not be expected to clean up of poop and pee. =D I'm not sure what got into her that day but I'm thinking she was wanting to push his buttons for some reason because she has been accident free since then. Either that or she has decided not to cross him again. Or most likely a combination of the two. But once again I'm daring to believe she is officially trained. After all hope springs eternal!


8 comments:

The Cook Clan

Congratulations!! That will be so nice once the new baby comes =D And I LOVE her poses...too cute!!

Anonymous

Yay! Don't you just love being diaper-free? (Well, not YOU...you know what I mean.;)) Gotta love those Dora panties. The girl sure is photogenic. What a cutie!

Joe*Nikki

Way to go lil' Ashlyn!! We are so proud of you. Those pictures are so cute!! Thnka you for your sweet comments on my blog. ;)

Anonymous

Awesome!! That is great!!

Carissa

Hooray! Maybe she was just testing to see what she could get away with without you there.

Susieq

Way to go Ashlyn! It's nice to have such strong-willed kids, cuz it will help them in life. But it's hard when they will potty train 'when they want to.' Just glad it's now.

Mary

Too funny!

Unknown

What a cute picture! It was so fun to catch up a bit with your family with your blog. We love hearing about all of you! What a cute way to share your family with us! Love you guys!