CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sea World


Props to Sea World for honoring the "Heroes" (military veterans). We got to go straight to the front of the ticket line and we all got in for free. Technically we should have paid for one child but they would not let us! They kept saying since Ashlyn was 2 she was free. Chris told them she was 3 but they just kept saying she was 2. Both kids also piped up that Ashlyn was indeed 3 but their protests fell on deaf ears. Before Shamu's Believe show began they asked all veterans and their families to stand. Chris was sitting in the splash zone with Wit and Gavin, while I was in the dry zone with Ashlyn. (I'm such a stick in the mud.) They put him and the kids up on the jumbo screen while they did their tribute. Chris had been charming the little old ladies sitting by me and they were so thrilled by this. They wanted me to rush down with Ashlyn and stand with them too. I was a great disappointment to them though, as I stayed where I was. Again, such a stick in the mud. We have been to Sea World a couple of times before and we were both a little disappointed because the shows weren't as educational and focused on the animals, more over the top theatrics but still a good time.




Feeding the Dolphins was probably the highlight of the day for everyone. Though Whitney's fear of birds distracted from the experience for her. Pesky seagulls kept trying to steal the fish. Both our other two kids were scared to feed the dolphins at this age but Ashlyn wasn't scared at all. She kept saying "come here little fella". Of course she has a special affinity for dolphins because they once saved her from sharks. She has developed quite the imagination and tells us a great "story" about how dolphins saved her from sharks.


Gavin picked out this fossilized shark tooth necklace for himself and it is now his prized possession! He was all about size, the bigger the better in his mind!


Chris and Ashlyn waiting for the Dolphin show to begin. Chris had just purchased Ashlyn this stuffed dolphin and she kept gloating over it. I had told her no but then she asked Dad and he said yes. She kept putting in my face saying, "Daddy says yes!" She had fun making her dolphin imitate what the real dolphins were doing.


You'll notice Whitney throwing the peace sign every time we took a photo of her by herself. Check out her manatee necklace she picked out. She is passionate about saving the manatees.

We ate most of our meals as sack lunches and at the condo but we decided to splurge this night and go to Carrabba's. One of my favorites! This was our sixth night of non-stop fun and Ashlyn was beat!!! She was swaying from side to side eating her pizza when Chris leaned her over onto his lap she was out like a light.

6 comments:

Joe*Nikki

I love Sea World! You guys looked like you had tons of fun!

The Phipps

What a fun time y'all must have had!!! It makes me want to go, we haven't been in a long time!!! The kids face paintings look great!!!

The Cook Clan

What fun!! I loved the tribute to the military at Sea World...made me cry :) And dontcha just LOVE Carabbas!! I hadn't eaten at one before until we moved here and it was sooooooo good!! One of my favs too!! Glad you guys had a good time!!

Anonymous

How FUN!! It looks like you guys had a blast! We love Sea World, we go to the one in San Diego every now and then.

Susieq

I was to anxious to see the pictures and hear about your trip. It looks like it was such fun. I hate to admit i don't know what manatees are, Whitney will have to teach me.

Unknown

We loved looking at all your vacation pictures! You are such a cute family!!! Keep the blog coming!